The strength of an eCommerce business lies in its online store which is well-designed and highly optimized. Retailers still doubt whether they need to develop mobile applications or not. Nowadays, customers prefer shopping from mobile applications rather than websites. The traffic is shifting from websites to mobile applications as it would be easy for shopping via mobile. Mobile applications are gaining popularity globally with time.
According to a forecast in Statista, 13.9 million purchases were made in Spain via mobile app from 2019-2020. This prediction is expected to grow up to 15.29 million in 2020. In 2016, Google published the research showing that 58% of mobile device users utilize their smartphones for monitoring prices, offers, and discounts, checking reviews, comparing products, and even buying products.
Considering the statistics, we can say that there are so many benefits of using mobile apps in e-commerce businesses to survive in a dynamic environment. In this article, we will discuss various benefits of eCommerce app development companies, websites, their effect on the market, and the advantages of mobile apps for retailers in the market. Let’s begin!
What are the 3 Key Benefits of Building a Mobile App for an eCommerce Business?
The 3 key benefits of building a mobile app for eCommerce business:
- An advanced market strategy is drawn with the help of an eCommerce app
- The tendency of app utilization and eCommerce app development tends to grow
- You get a loyal and accurate audience through your mobile app
Let us discuss the above 3 points in detail one by one.
1. An Advanced Market Strategy is Drawn With the Help of an eCommerce App
The mobile applications have enhanced and powerful functionality as it allows retailers to monitor user interactions in contrast with websites. It gives a more detailed analysis and in-depth user behavior. These merits of mobile applications allow business owners to create personalized content so that it increases the conversion rates at a fast rate.
It also provides effective recommendations to the users which ultimately enhances user engagement and satisfaction. This leads your eCommerce business to double-fold rapidly. Let’s discuss some points in detail:
- Apps can use smartphone-based features such as voice recognition functions. It allows users to navigate through the menu or subscribe to newsletters. It can also show the location of the nearest offline store using the built-in GPS.
- Your mobile app sends push notifications regularly to smartphone users as it helps to increase conversion. It eliminates the need for databases containing various phone numbers. Push notifications are a more effective channel.
- Push notifications are hard to ignore as there is no spam folder for them. Such features enhance user engagement and trust in the business. Customers also share feedback and ratings that ultimately lead to high conversions.
2. The Tendency of App Utilization & eCommerce App Development Tends to Grow
The fast-growing mobile eCommerce market helps business owners to develop good connections with their customers. Now it has become convenient for customers to purchase their desired product from another country with the help of their online stores. Online shopping leads to a big revolution in consumer behavior. This is the best time to develop an app for your eCommerce business. Let’s discuss some points in detail:
- According to a study in Statista, 22.3% of all digital transactions were made through mobile devices in 2017 in the US. Now in 2020, these stats have doubled and the graph is showing a constant increase rate.
- People spending more time on mobile apps rather than other websites. The users utilize their most of the time exploring within the apps and using filters to search for their desired product.
- This has become the age of mobile apps. Some studies like flurry analytics and statistics claim that users spend 90% of their time interacting with mobile applications. They also claim that smartphone users have more than one retailer apps.
3. You Get a Loyal & Accurate Audience Through Your Mobile App
The mobile applications enable you to create brand loyalty. Customers prefer applications offered by their favorite companies and brands. Therefore, mobile solutions make a connection between customers’ stronger and online stores. The business provides exclusive offers or limited discounts for installing their app. They encourage people to download and install the app. Let’s discuss some points in detail:
- Mobile applications load content faster than websites do. The websites which load content slow cannot rank on search as well. This can lead to harm to business as well. Customers desire quick information and results.
- Online stores have eliminated the negative experience of websites on customers. Customers get quick information and details. Apps have enhanced usability that allows users to check details without the internet.
- Apps drive higher user engagement as users share links on their social media to their friends and relatives. This enhances the marketing of your business and brand promotion. Make special offers for those who have installed your app.
Mobile app development has become mandatory for eCommerce business owners to survive in such a dynamic environment. The business has to make strategies considering customer demand and requirements. The eCommerce business can be run successfully when it becomes customer-centric. The customers are the kings of the market. The business has to go into depth analysis to understand customer behavior and buying patterns.
Before developing a mobile app, it has become necessary to study the market. A responsive website is enough for the first stages of a project launch to test a business and check the market. To conquer this market, online retailers should develop a corresponding app to create an advanced marketing strategy to attract more customers. We hope this article is useful for you as it covers the basic idea of mobile apps for eCommerce businesses.