A famous tourist destination, Dubai has a lot to offer for everyone. It is home to the tallest structure of the world, a man-made archipelago and numerous other fancy resorts and entertainment venues that attracts millions of visitors every year.
Among all these attractions, if there’s one thing that grabs the maximum attention, it’s the Dubai desert safari. Not only this, but the Abu Dhabi Desert Safari has also gained a lot of popularity in recent times.
There are many reasons why people are attracted to this safari. Firstly, it takes them away from the city and its busy lifestyle. There’s a sense of serenity in the desert. Furthermore, there are some action-packed activities that visitors can take part in if they desire to.
Having said that, for a first-timer, the entire experience can be a little overwhelming. It will take away all the fun of this journey. Thus, try and be prepared for the thrilling journey that you are embarking on. And this is exactly where this guide is going to help you. Here’s all that you need to know about the Dubai desert safari:
Types of Desert Safari
To begin with, you must know that there are different types of desert safari in Dubai. They can be broadly categorised into two major types. These are:
Desert Safari Packages
Desert safari packages include:
- Self-Drive – This package doesn’t involve pick and drop facility. It allows visitors to directly reach the campsite on their own vehicles.
- Basic/Standard – As the name suggests, it is a package that includes basic activities. Guests are picked up and dropped off at designated spots within the city.
- Advance – In the advance package, guests are picked up from their homes/hotels/resorts and driven to the campsite in luxury vehicles.
- VIP/Elite – It is for those who seek an extravagant experience. Guests are picked in private vehicles exclusively dedicated to them. And they are given VIP treatment on the campsite as well.
Desert Safari Deals
Desert safari deals include:
- Morning Desert Safari – It is a deal suitable for early risers. And the ones who want to enjoy multiple attractions in a single day as it ends before evening, leaving them with a lot of spare time so that they can roam around the city.
- Evening Desert Safari – A perfect option for adventure lovers, evening desert safari entails numerous thrilling and fun-filled activities, along with the mouth-watering BBQ dinner.
- Overnight Desert Safari – This one includes an overnight camping experience, apart from all the other activities included in the evening desert safari.
Note: Some companies also offer combo deals, apart from the ones discussed above. Moreover, these deals and packages may vary from company to company.
Desert Safari Activities
One of the most exciting parts of a desert safari experience is the activities it includes. Generally, guests get to enjoy these activities:
- Camel Ride
- Quad Bike
- Dune Bashing
- Photography in Arab costume
- Arab-style Smoke “Shisha”
A Desert Safari Experience
A typical desert safari experience starts with picking up guests. The place from where they are picked depends on the package they have selected. They are then driven to the campsite, which is located at around a 2-hour distance from the manchester of india. Once they have reached there, they can take part in a number of activities available for them.
Bear in mind that there will be other companies and their guests as well. Therefore, the campsite can be quite crowded. Particularly, if you’re taking this safari on a local holiday or during the peak tourist season.
Apart from taking part in these activities, you can explore the desert, enjoy lavish dinner and special performances by belly dancers. Tanoura and fire shows are also held at the campsite for the entertainment of guests. If you have selected an overnight package, you will have a neat and clean camp to yourself along with a blanket. After the sunset, you can enjoy breakfast and head back home on the vehicle you came in.
All in all, Dubai Desert Safari is an experience that is going to remain in your memories forever. However, remember that if you are mentally or physically exhausted, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy this safari. So, be fully prepared. Also, wear appropriate apparels and accessories, keeping in view the weather conditions and the activities you plan to take part in the safari. Do not pack a lot of stuff with you. Only keep handy items. All this is recommended so that you can have a pleasant experience.