The motherboard was first made by Apple in 1977 for AppleThe II. Unlike now, computer components, such as CPU and memory, are housed on a separate card and connected via cables.
Because the screen is not organized and it is difficult to connect the PC component to other components, computer product developers create a special space to accommodate a variety of computer peripherals. He created a large board with several slots as a place to connect PC components, later called a motherboard.
Understanding the motherboard itself, ie circuit boards in different places, electronic components are connected to each other like in PC or Macintosh and are usually abbreviated with the word mobo. Another understanding of the motherboard, or in other words, the mainboard is the main board in the form of a PCB with BIOS (drive program) chips, lines and connectors as access connectors for each device.
In the computer system, Perry Ferrell will be plugged into the Ling Motherboard and can forward instructions via lines on the board. All these peripherals that are connected will become a complete computer system. While the motherboard’s job is usually to connect all the components of the computer. It can be said that the motherboard is the backbone of the computer system, all the components of the computer should be directly and indirectly connected to the motherboard.
Components of Motherboard
1. CPU or socket processor socket, used to install or insert a processor. There are two types of plugins we are familiar with, namely LIF plug and ZIF plug. LIF stands for Low Insertion Force, an old socket, and ZIF stands for Zero Insertion Force, a new model of processor socket.
2. The North Jumper is always close to the processor socket, which is an important component of the motherboard. The North Bridge is the focal point of the Motherboard, and is also called the Memory Controller Hub. North Bridge connected to processor socket, RAM slot and AGP slot.
3. South Bridge and North Bridge are the two main base plate poles. The Southern Bridge is connected to the primary and secondary IDE interfaces, SATA connectors, floppy drive connectors, PCI slots and the BIOS.
4. The RAM slot is a component of the motherboard that is used to insert the RAM.
5. AGP slot was used to insert AGP card. AGP is short for Accelerated Graphics Port, a slot for graphics cards designed for 3D gaming. This is always the case with PCI slots.
6. PCI slot is used to insert additional cards, such as LAN card, sound card and TV toner card. PCI is short for peripheral component interconnect.
7. A compliant metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) is a battery that powers a small memory on the motherboard that is used to store computer settings, time, etc. CMOS prevents us from configuring these things whenever we turn on the computer.
8. Primary and secondary IDE interface also called IDE connector or PATA connector. IDE Integrated Device is short for Electronics, which supports IDE devices such as HDD and CD and DVD drives.
9. SATA connector is also known as serial ATA connector. CATA is short for serial advanced technology accessories, which is useful for connecting serial ATA devices.
10. BIOS stands for Basic Input / Output System, which is also an important part of the motherboard chip for POST (Power on Self Test).