Saree is an Indian traditional dress that is now famous around the world. Many different types of sarees are available in the market but the famous ones are Banarasi and Kanjivaram sarees. Kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees are a class of different sarees from the mass manufactured sarees. You can find Banarasi saree wholesale in Varanasi, an ancient city which is popular for its silk work. We have found that generally a large number of women prefer kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees over the normal sarees. The women love to wear it as it looks graceful and stylish too.
Characters that make kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees more preferable than normal sarees.
- Design: The designs of these are made separately. You can never find two similar looking kanjivaram or Banarasi sarees. People who make the sarees have been trained for years and are expert in weaving these types of sarees.
- Durability: kanjivaram and Banarasi fabric is considered to be the most durable and strong fabrics these are made of silk threads twisted together which make it more durable.
Whereas other normal sarees are less durable.
These sarees are famous because of their gold, zari, silver, hand work and silk work. Embroidery done on the sarees make it more special. It also makes them heavy. A usual kanjivaram saree can be as heavy as 2 kilos.
- Quality: kanjeevaram bridal sarees are believed to be the finest quality saree which are preferred by women over the other fancy sarees.
- Bridal Saree : Kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees also have cultural importance. They are generally considered to be worn on special occasions in many cultures such as South Indian culture. Kanjivaram is a special fabric which should be worn by the bride on her wedding day.
- It can be customised: Banarasi and kanjivaram sarees can be customised. You can give you a design and it will take about 4 to 6 months for it to complete however the actual amount of time depends on the amount of embroidery to be done and the design pattern.
In other normal sarees we don’t have many options to customise it.
- Elegant look : kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees give you an elegant look sometimes made up of real silver and gold. In the old times it was used to show royalty. Normal sarees don’t have much speciality and they are made up of normal embroidery and usual thread. They cannot be used as a symbol of royalty.
- Its popularity: Banarasi and kanjivaram sarees are among the finest saree in India and are world famous for their embroidery. We found that many people visiting India are fond of wearing Banarasi silk sarees.
- Manufacturing location : these have become world famous because of their manufacturing location too. These sarees are not made all over the world that are made in some special places in India generally the kanjivaram saree is made in a temple of Tamilnadu and the Banarasi silk sarees in Varanasi which are also special tourist places.
Whereas other sarees can be found at any place in India and around the world which are very easy to access and can be bought in every place this makes it less important.
- Geographical indication: these sarees have also got GI tag this makes it more popular among people.
- Environmental concern: class of intellectual people who show concern about the environment also prefer these sarees because of the dying agents used in it. A new technique has evolved by which the enzyme extraction of natural colours from the plants fruits and flowers can be done to colour Banarasi sarees and the fabric of kanjivaram sarees which will also reduce pollution and reduce the use of chemicals which are used to make dyes.
- Can never go out of fashion: kanjivaram and Banarasi sarees have unique embroidery patterns which are different from each other and make it look special. Other sarees can go out of fashion as the time passes the embroidery on the design may get outdated but the embroidery hand designs used in kanji Vada and Banarasi sarees always remain in fashion.
- Price or cost: normal sarees are cost effective in comparison to Kanchipuram and Banarasi sarees but the durability design and quality makes it more money worthy. The cost of Traditional Banarasi and Kanjivaram saree can vary from 2000 to 10000 or 50000 thousand which completely depends on the quality of silk and the amount of embroidery and zari work done on it.
These are the reasons why these sarees are preferred more than normal sarees and they also make it called evergreen sarees. Moreover, its fashion will never go off no matter what occasion you are wearing it. They have become a legendary and fashionable outfit and everybody across the country and in every festival or occasion despite several significant changes in the fashion world has become a constant passion symbol for a long time.