The country has been making a move towards the digital economy and one of the catalysts for this change has been the rise and immense popularity of online payment apps. There are several apps in the market these days that can help people do recharge, make payments, pay bills, and transfer money to other people. When it comes to payment apps, though all payment apps are not created equal; there are many differences that they have and they perform well in one area while falling behind in other areas. That is why as customers, you may need to have a clear idea of how the payment apps compare to one another and you may have a clear idea about the advantages and drawbacks of each to choose the one that fits your needs the best. Here are some of the best payment apps along with their strengths.
- Airtel Money and Airtel Payments Bank – Airtel Payments Bank is one of the first Payment Banks to be approved by the RBI. This makes it one of the most reputed and robust payment apps that you may use. The best part about this app is that it can be used not only for doing recharges, paying bills, and transferring money but also as a regular bank account. You also have a virtual Debit Card which is issued and can be used for all online transactions just like a traditional debit card. You also get an annual interest of 2.5% and cash deposit and withdrawal facility at more than 5 lac banking points across India as well as card-less cash withdrawal at more than 1 lac ATMs. It also has a wallet app called Airtel Money wallet with all the functionality of wallet apps. You also get great cashback offers regularly.
- Airtel Thanks App: Airtel Thanks App, which was earlier called the My Airtel App is also one of the payment apps that can be used for a variety of digital payments including recharges, bill payments and utility payments. The best part about using this app is that you can also get complete visibility of your Airtel accounts as well as quick recharges with a lot of cashback offers. You can also recharge other people’s accounts on other networks and earn rewards for that.
- Google Pay- This is the online payments app by the global giant Google, and therefore it is one of the refined products out in the market. It differentiates itself as it is not a mobile wallet and works only as a UPI app. It is one of the fastest money transfer apps in the market today, just as the previous name it was known by Google Tez. The money is always in your bank account and there is no KYC requirement.
- Amazon Pay – Amazon’s payment app Amazon Pay can do a lot of things including recharge, bill pay, money transfer, and also pay for purchases on Amazon. There are also no-cost EMIs available on purchases at Amazon through fintech organizations such as ZestMoney.
- PhonePe, Mobikwik, Paytm – PhonePe, Paytm and Mobikwik are all online wallets and payment apps. The reason for grouping them is because they all have near-identical features. They work well with all functionality of online wallet apps. PhonePe among these stands out for the fastest user interface and operations. It is owned by Flipkart, so there might be other developments planned in the future.
These payment apps make life easier for a lot of their customers who no longer have the time to go out and carry out various transactions. With the possibility to pay for the utilities such as electricity, water, and gas it has become a truly versatile option. If you are an Airtel customer you get some extra perks on using the Airtel Payments Bank such as extra cashback. If you wish to get started with the Airtel Payments Bank you can visit https://www.airtel.in/bank/ and get a free account today.