The mattress is directly linked with a person’s health and lifestyle. It bestows so many benefits with the right size and dimension. A small bed may end up giving a lot of body aches and cramps, whereas bigger ones are difficult to move around and occupy much space in a small bedroom. The mattress size determines the sleeping surface area and the extra space to relax and roll around. There is a wide range of criteria while deciding which mattress is best for you, and there are optimal dimensions for each age group that suits their needs and circumstances. Besides the size, the construction and materials are other essential variables to decide on the perfect mattress for an individual.
double tv bed is also one of the best option that make your bedroom more attractive
Overview Of Mattress Sizes
The measurements of mattresses vary according to their types. The ideal measurement of the most widely preferred mattresses, ie a king bed is 76 to 80 inches, whereas a queen bed ranges from 60 to 80 inches. The sleeping space not only impacts sleep patterns but also controls temperature and regulates body heat. When sharing mattresses, there will be more disturbances caused due to tossing and turning, and the perfect Wakefit mattress would solve all these issues effortlessly. And before investing in a mattress, one should see whether it suits their needs and wants by also fulfilling the standard guidelines. Studies suggest going for a bigger size mattress is better as they are the ones that provide maximum comfort.
Different Sizes Of Mattress And How To Choose The Best?
The various sizes of mattresses that are available according to the sizes and dimensions are:
- Single: A single bed mattress is the smallest of all mattresses that are available in the market. It measures approximately 92 to 188 centimetres and is best for younger children and all categories of kids, including babies.
- King Single: A king single mattress size ranges between 107 to 203 centimetres and the length is the same as a queen-sized mattress. A single king size is perfect for people who have space restrictions to accommodate a big bed but cannot opt for a small one owing to its small dimension. It is also an excellent choice for growing children in their adolescent age who seek more space and attain height all of a sudden due to unexpected growth spurts.
- Double: A double bed mattress is 138 to 188 centimetres in dimension and best suitable for singles and teenagers who prefer to sleep by themselves. And it is best for singles and an excellent choice for teens who like to toss and turn and sleep alone.
- Queen: A queen size mattress is widely preferred mattress size as it gives uninterrupted sleep owing to its comfortable size. It is a commonly bought size in many households, especially for the guest rooms. They can accommodate couples and measures between 153 to 204 centimetres. Each individual can take up roughly 77 centimetres of the sleeping space and comparatively more minor to a single bed that can provide 92 centimetres of space.
- King: A king-size bed is considered a luxury status and is the most conventional bedding for couples. It has ample space to provide a good night sleep with a width of 183 centimetres of personal space for each individual. The sufficient spacings also reduce the heat development problem and offer more comfort than a queen size bed, predominantly when occupied by two people who love to cuddle and sleep. They are the best to provide an undisturbed sleep pattern amidst tossing and turning.
- Super King: A super king mattress is the biggest of all the beds that are available commercially. They range between 203 to 200 centimetres and provide a massive space to sleep for everyone. It can accommodate two adults and two kids together in the same bed simultaneously, owing to its enormous size.
Besides only looking at the size, the other factors to consider are:
- The type of person with whom we are sharing the mattress.
- Prioritising the needs and wants of the sleeper.
- Opting for proper dimensions and measures that fit the bed.
- The size of the bedroom.
- The firmness level must correlate and be responsible for improving the health of the buyer.
- The sleeping position of the user.
- Specifications of the bedding.
- Temperature control of the mattress.
- Mattress price.
- Height and weight of the sleeper and their partner.
The Perfect Mattress For Every Family Member
While choosing the mattress for a person, the fundamental determinant is the individual’s age. Let us look into what are the best choices for every family member below:
The crib is the most preferred bed for any newborn, and the mattress that suits a crib size are small single mattresses that are available in various dimensions to fit the dimensions of the crib.
When the baby becomes a toddler, the parent will go in for a transition from the crib to a bed and dual-sided small mattress work best at this stage with additional features like a guardrail. But when the toddler starts to outgrow, it is the need of the hour to shift from a small mattress to a king single size to make them feel comfortable by offering extra space. As they enter their teens, which is the most crucial stage with an immediate growth spurt, the kid will need a double bed, but investing in a queen size mattress will be a wiser decision to be retained and used for several years.
Grown-ups will need something big, and if they are going to share their bed, they will need a king-size bed to sleep in total comfort. A king-size mattress suits different ages, sizes and weights.
The above article is armed with all the necessary information that offers people appropriate guides to choose the right mattress for a particular person. With the size being the primary variable to opt for an ideal mattress size, one can also look into other essential criteria concerning the built, material and design to tailor an individual’s personal sleep needs.