You might have heard of Salesforce before, especially if you work in customer service. But what is it, and how could it revolutionise your business? This comprehensive guide serves as an end-to-end explanation to teach you everything you need to know about Salesforce.
What is Salesforce and what does it do?
Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that helps businesses keep track of their customers and sales pipeline. Essentially, it’s a system for managing customer data that can be used to improve sales and marketing strategies.
The software was created in 1999 by Marc Benioff, who is now the chairman and co-CEO of Salesforce. The company was one of the first to develop and market a cloud-based CRM system, and it remains the largest provider of CRM software in the world.
Salesforce has come a long way since its early days as a simple contact management system. Now, it’s an incredibly powerful tool that can be used for a wide range of tasks, from managing customer data to creating marketing campaigns and even developing custom applications. Now there are even third-party platforms that can be used to pass Salesforce certifications, so that you can become a qualified Salesforce professional (which looks good on the CV!).
The benefits of using Salesforce
- Improved customer service: With Salesforce, businesses can have all their customer information in one place. This means that customer service reps can resolve issues quicker and more efficiently.
- Increased sales: Salesforce provides valuable insights into customer behaviour, which can be used to improve sales strategies. Additionally, the software makes it easy to track leads and progress through the sales pipeline.
- Improved productivity: Salesforce automates many tasks that would otherwise be done manually, freeing up time for employees to focus on more important tasks.
- Customisation: Salesforce can be customised to fit the specific needs of any business, no matter what size or industry.
- Flexibility: Salesforce is a cloud-based software, which means it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
How to get started with Salesforce
If you’re new to Salesforce, the best way to get started is by taking a certified course, offered by Salesforce. This will teach you the basics of how to use the software and help you prepare for any certification exams.
Once you’ve completed a course, you can start using Salesforce in your business by signing up for a free trial. This will give you access to all the features of Salesforce, so that you can see how it can benefit your business.
If you decide to purchase Salesforce, there are a few different pricing plans to choose from, depending on the size of your business and your specific needs. Salesforce also offers discounts for non-profits, so be sure to check if you’re eligible.
What are the different features of Salesforce?
- Contact management: Salesforce makes it easy to store and manage customer contact information. You can also use the software to track customer interactions, so that you can follow up at the right time.
- Lead management: Salesforce helps businesses keep track of their sales pipeline and identify new leads. The software makes it easy to score and nurture leads, so that you can close more deals.
- Marketing automation: Salesforce can be used to create and track marketing campaigns. The software also provides insights into customer behaviour, so that you can adjust your marketing strategies accordingly.
- Custom applications: With Salesforce, businesses can develop custom applications to suit their specific needs. There are also a wide range of pre-built applications available on the Salesforce AppExchange.
Salesforce is a powerful tool that can be used to improve customer service, increase sales, and boost productivity. Ready to get started? Sign up today!