Take care of it like this and forget about greasy hair forever, Sebum is necessary to avoid dryness and protect hair, but when you have a tendency to have an oily scalp, you feel that it gets dirty more quickly and loses its volume. Do not worry! It has a solution.
Causes of the production of oil in the hair
If you have an oily scalp, you may have the feeling that it gets dirty much sooner or that you are unable to add volume to your hair. It is normal: although these natural oils of the skin are in charge of protecting against external aggressions, the truth is that when there is an excess of fat, the hair can appear straight and matted. We explain what factors determine if a scalp is oily or not and, above all, how your care routine has to be to eliminate oily hair forever.
What causes excess oil on the scalp?
The skin all over the body naturally produces sebum for protection. There are different causes that cause a greater amount and, therefore, an oily scalp:
- Genetic or hormonal factors:
It is the most common. In this case, it is best to go to the dermatology office to treat it.
- Wrong hair washing:
The hair must be washed by rubbing gently with the fingertips and, above all, it must be rinsed very well. If there are residues of the shampoo or other products that we use, the production of fat will be greater. The same happens with the temperature of the water, if you use it very hot it favors the appearance of fat.
.Fine, straight hairs tend to be oilier:
The reason? The sebaceous glands of each hair produce a certain amount of fat to nourish and protect it. If the hair is fine, it does not use all of it and the excess remains deposited at the roots.
What can I do if I have an oily scalp?
Whether you have an oily scalp due to internal factors or external factors, it is possible to regulate this excess sebum.
Surely you have thought that washing your head every day can help control Scalp sebum build up, but … no! As the oil in the hair is a natural protection of the hair, when you wash it, you are removing it, so the scalp will produce it again in greater quantity and more quickly. At first it will be difficult to resist, but if you manage to space out the washes you will notice that you win, at least, one more day with clean hair between one wash and another.
- Rinse the hair well and try to do it with warm water.
- Do not apply the conditioner or mask to the roots, only from the middle to the ends.
- Keep combs and other utensils always clean.
- Limit the use of heat tools and, when you use the dryer, always do it at the right distance and with cold air.
- It is highly recommended to use a special shampoo for oily scalp; since the astringent elements will help you regulate the production of oil.
- Try not to touch your hair too much with your hands, as it will get dirty sooner.
- Take care of nutrition and hydration: it also influences the exterior. Eat fruits and vegetables, drink water, and try to avoid fatty and fried foods.
Although your hair tends to be oily, if you follow all these tips you will see that controlling an oily scalp is much easier than you imagined. Let’s do it!