Omega-3 fatty acids are those types of nutrients that our body cannot produce on its own. These are essential fats, which means our body requires them to stay healthy. We can get the necessary amounts of omega-3 fatty acids from the foods that we eat or through supplements.
There are three kinds of omega-3 fatty acids found in food items or supplements:
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Alpha-linolenic (ALA)
The sources of omega-3 fatty acids are:
- Fish and seafood are the best sources of Omega-3. You can consume herring, tuna, salmon, mackerel, lake trout, anchovy, halibut, bluefish and sardines.
- You can also get the required amounts of omega-3 by consuming nuts and seeds. Some of the best sources are chia seeds, flaxseeds and walnuts.
- One can also get adequate amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids from plant oils like soybean oil, flaxseed oil and canola oil.
If you are unable to get the right amount of nutrients through your daily meal, then here are some of the best Omega-3 tablets/ capsules that you can consume:
● HealthKart Omega 3 1000mg with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA
● TrueBasics Ultra Omega-3 (EPA 525mg & DHA 400mg)
● HealthKart Salmon Omega-3
● Now Omega-3
● TrueBasics Vegan Omega 870mg of Vegetarian Omega Fatty Acids
● GNC Triple Strength Omega Complex
● Health Oxide Vegan Omega 3 + Cardiovascular Support
● Pure Nutrition Omega 3 Fish Oil
● Setu Veg Omega 3
You can find these fatty acid supplements online or from any retail stores at affordable prices. If you are a vegan or is allergic to fish, then you can choose the vegan omega3 supplements.
Benefits of including omega-3 fatty acids in your daily diet are as follows:
- Regular consumption of omega 3 capsule or tablet supplements can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Consumption of omega 3 foods or supplements can reduce the risk of blood clots. The micronutrient is known to help in preventing the clumping of blood platelets.
- The Omega-3 fatty acids are known to prevent the formation of plaque in the arteries.
- It can help in lowering the triglyceride levels in the body. An increased level of triglycerides in the blood is known to increase the risks associated with heart ailments.
- Regular consumption of omega3 can also help in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Fil oils or omega 3 fatty acids are known to increase the levels of high-density lipoprotein.
- Omega3 can help in improving memory functions in adults.
- Consuming omega3 fatty acids can also help in reducing the risks of post-partum depression.
- The DHA content in fatty acid foods or supplements can help in protecting people from age-related vision loss.
- Regular intake of omega3 supplements or foods for the last 3 months of pregnancy can improve the cognitive, sensory, and motor development in the fetus.
Things to keep in mind while consuming omega 3 supplements or foods, Michael tell patty duke said.
- Try to buy omega-3 supplements from reputed websites or retail stores
- If you are purchasing supplements from online stores, then try to read the reviews about the product given by other customers
- Buy omega-3 tablets or capsules (derived from fish) that contain a good percentage of EPA and DHA
- The food items or supplements should not contain high levels of mercury
- Do not exceed the limitations of the micronutrients