Cracks on the wall of your home are something that you should worry about. It is a common issue with houses. Different factors like lintel failure or rainwater cause cracks on the wall of a building. It may require minor repair at times, but if you ignore it for a longer time, you may have to bear heavy expenses.
The horizontal cracks on the wall may lead to severe foundation damage. Such wall cracks demand immediate solutions. The failure of plumbing pipes or rainwater leads to horizontal cracks on the wall.
The lintel failure leads to vertical cracks on the wall. The size of the crack depends upon the age, size, and location of the building. The reliable solution is to fill the cracks with resins and replace the lintel. If you do not address this problem immediately, the cracks could multiply. It is an expensive procedure as after the replacement of the lintels you may also have to paint the wall.
· A vacant house is more likely to get cracks on its walls.
· The plumbing pipe failure may also cause the cracks on the wall.
· Poor construction material also causes the cracks on the wall.
· Overloaded ceiling joints lead to the ceiling cracks.
· Hanging heavy objects on the wall is another reason for it.
The danger of Cracks:
· The cracks at the point where the ceiling meets the walls are a big concern. It could collapse in the future. If you see any cracks at this location, you must immediately call structural repair services.
· If your windows or doors are not shutting and you see cracks near them, it is most probably a lintel failure. It could also damage the structural integrity of your house. It requires immediate repair.
· If the cracks on your wall are accompanied by bowing, twisting, or leaning, then it can cause imminent collapse. It is a threat to your household’s safety.
· The rainwater can seep into the walls and foundation of your building through these cracks. It imposes a threat to your household safety.
If you notice any cracks on your wall, you must immediately contact your structural engineer or constructor. Don’t attempt to fill the cracks by yourself, and it could make things worse. Serious cracks must be assessed by a professional. Proper planning and calculations must be done before any repair. Cracks on the wall of your home are something that you should worry about. It is a common issue with houses. Different factors like lintel failure or rainwater cause cracks on the wall of a building. There are various Richmond structural repair solutions depending upon their location, size, and nature.
The bottom line is that the cracks on the wall of your home are a serious threat to your and your buildings safety. You must take serious steps to solve this issue. The ignorance may lead to permanent damage to your walls. It will increase the expense and time to repair the wall cracks. It is highly recommended to consult the professional whenever you observe the cracks. You should not only repair the cracks but also remove the cause.