Freshly baked Sourdough Bread straight out of the oven and slathered with delicious salted butter has got to be one of life’s greatest pleasures. Perhaps you think that the only way to get your hands on a show stopping sourdough loaf is to head to your local bakery or brunch spot. Well, we’ve got good news for you — baking sourdough bread at home isn’t as complicated or complex as it may seem.
With just a handful of ingredients such as Flour, Water, Salt and a sturdy stand mixer, you’ll be able to produce the perfect open crumbed loaf day after day. Ready to bake up a storm? Then read on to find out more about how you can embark on your sourdough journey, even if you’re the ultimate novice at bread baking.
The Mysterious Sourdough Starter
First up, in order to bake sourdough bread at home, you’re going to need an active and fed starter which replaces the yeast and helps your loaf rise and develop its distinctive sour flavour. Even though it sounds complicated, a sourdough starter is actually simply a mixture of flour and water that is fed on a daily basis and left out for a week in order to encourage the growth of wild yeasts and bacteria.
If you don’t have a friend whom you can pinch a bit of starter off, you can always buy dehydrated starter flakes online or even just make your own from scratch. Do keep in mind that you will need to prepare your starter one week in advance if you are attempting to start the process yourself. For more information on how to prepare the perfect starter, click here.
The Easiest Sourdough Bread
- 150g bubbly, active starter
- 250g filtered Water
- 500g Bread Flour
- 10g Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Banneton
- A Razor Blade or Bread Lame
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag
- Whisk the starter, water flour and salt together in a big bowl. Squish everything together with your hands (or with your stand mixer with bread hook attached) until all of the flour is absorbed.
- The dough will be dry and shaggy. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest (autolyse) for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, if preferred.
- After the dough has rested, work the dough in the bowl into a rough ball, about 15 seconds. At this point, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest in a warm spot to rise. The dough is ready when it no longer looks dense and has doubled in size.
- This can take anywhere from 3-12 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen and ingredients along with the potency of your starter.
- During this rise, you can choose to perform a series of ‘stretch & folds’ to strengthen the dough. Click here for a step-by-step video tutorial.
- Once your dough has doubled in size, remove from the bowl and place onto a floured work surface. You do not need to ‘punch down’ or deflate the dough.
- Starting at the top, fold your dough over toward the centre. Give it a slight turn, and then fold over the next section of dough. Repeat until you have come full circle.
- Using a bench scraper, create tension in the dough by turning it in circular motions until the ball of dough is smooth. Flip the dough over and place it seam side down into Dutch oven that has been liberally coated with cornmeal.
- Leave the dough for about 30 minutes to 1 hour and cover with the lid of the pot or a very damp cloth. The dough is ready when it is slightly puffy but not double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 250 C for at least 15 minutes. Right before your bread goes into the oven, make a shallow slash with a razor blade or your bread lame about 2 inches long in the centre of the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes with the lid on and then remove the lid and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Keep in mind that all ovens are different; you might have to make minimal adjustments to these temperatures.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and allow to cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Avoid cutting bread when it is too hot as it will be gelatinous in texture.
When it comes to homemade sourdough, practice makes perfect and once you have mastered the basics, the varieties and options are endless. We hope that this article has inspired you to get baking homemade sourdough — we’re sure your friends and family won’t complain about it either!
Rachael is a content writer at Pearl Lemon, who has written on a plantsumo.com, from colored diamonds to SEO software. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, sketching, cooking, and video games.
Best Tips To Select A Catering Service For Your Event
Great food at organized events never fails to leave guests feeling satisfied and happy, isn’t it? However, all this can take place if there is a perfect catering service behind everything. Be it a personal celebration or a corporate event, one thing that makes them highly successful and talked about is the catering at the event.
Be it a personal celebration or a corporate event, one thing that makes them highly successful and talked about is the catering at the event. When it comes to selecting a catering service for your event, you should put some time and thought so that you end up hiring the ideal one.
If you don’t do proper research, you may hire any random catering service. Selecting the best catering service provider requires attention to detail and a deep understanding of what exactly we would like at our event tocould lead your event to a potentially disastrous situation.
Here are some insights and tips, to help you select the best service to make your event a huge success.
1. Prepare A Brief Note On The Event And Guests Expected
Preparing notes on the background and type of guests expected at the event, could help you and your catering service plan a food and drinks menu, which can be better adapted to the guest tastes. For ex, the type of food being served would vastly differ if it was a Chinese delegation as compared to an Indian or American delegation.
Similarly the menu will differ if the event is scheduled for the morning as compared to a dinner meet, which would require a more elaborate menu and setup. Do share your notes with the catering service so that they can offer their suggestions and inputs on the same.
2. Check The Catering Companies Focus Areas
A catering company that is more experienced in managing corporate events may not be the best choice for a child’s birthday party and vice versa, as both these types of events require a very different menu and mindset. While a corporate ambience would be more formal, a child’s birthday party would be all about fun and colour and so would the food.
Even the food served at both the events would widely differ and so would the experience and expertise of the chefs. Do try and select a company more tuned to your requirements.
3. Compare Menus & Prices
Not all catering companies charge the same and their prices can differ based on factors such as the menu offered, services provided and other inclusions like staff, decor etc. While comparing prices may not be easy, due to the difference in the food quality and services offered, try and compare the total service offerings by the service providers, to get a better idea of which one would be more value for money.
Don’t opt for the cheapest quote, as there may be unaccounted extra costs, that could make the whole deal more expensive. Be sure to ask your catering service to include all expected and unexpected costs, so that you can account for it in your event budget, and avoid any last minute increments.
A good catering service should be experienced and not seen. The guests share positive reviews on the overall experience with the food, ambience, and service. Trying to save a penny, while compromising on the quality is not advisable and should be avoided at all costs.
in such cases, hiring a catering company can ensure you peaceful frame of mind, during the event. This will help you host a successful event and ensure it is talked about long after it is over.
Whipped Cream vs Whipping Cream: What is the difference?
Many of us tend to get confused when it comes to whipped cream and whipping cream. Of course, the individuals who are among their pastimes in the baking are likely to come across various cream recipes. And in this case, whipping cream, and whipped cream tend to appear in many recipes with understated differences to each. Without further ado, allow me to take you through a comprehensive guide comparing whipped cream and whipping cream to help you have a deep understanding of them.
What exactly is whipping cream?
Whipping cream is generally a thick cream which can be whipped to double in volume. Meaning it’s a cream which gets thicker when its gets whipped and it contains a fat content between of about 35 percent. A cream with good amount of butterfat to let it to be made to whipped cream and can be used in making dessert toppings etc. Generally, they are ready to utilize cream and come ready. Further, this cream may be utilized on waffles, tarts, and more where the user is looking for softer, lighter, higher in fat, light & fluffy, longer shelf life, and airy cream. Additionally, wiping cream got a pillowy texture. If you are going to use cream chargers and a whipped cream dispenser to whip cream you want to use whipping cream. This is because the N2O in cream chargers dissolves in the cream fat and if there is not enough fat in the cream it will not whip properly.
What exactly is whipped cream?
Whipped cream, is cream which has already been whipped and typically delivered in aerosol canisters. This is a cream which is whipped using mixer or whisk until it’s fluffy and light. A cream which is beaten using whisk or other related utensil to typically incorporate air as well as produce expansion. This cream contains about 30 percent of butterfat and it is also suitable for whipping. Generally, this is deliciously smooth utilized for cakes and beverages on decoration such as coffee in Starbucks. The user can also choose to add vanilla essence or sugar to sweeten the cream. Further, heavy cream whips nicely and also holds its shape steadily for an extended period. Meaning this is the cream we should utilize when making cakes and ice creams, and even ganache. Additionally, it is also utilized in the gravies such as Tikka masalas to typically give them a creamy and thick feel. Overall this cream is delivered in liquid form, low in fat, more versatile, shop-bought, short shelf life, and might require preferred sweetening.
Conclusion Apart from the effort and taste needed, the significant difference between whipping cream and whipped cream is that whipped cream is typically results of whipping cream.
PANEER BUTTER MASALA RESTAURANT-STYLE RECIPE
Paneer is a staple diet for numerous people in India. It serves as an ideal substitute for non-vegetarian food and tastes every bit as nice. Many dishes can be prepared using paneer, starting from appetizers to the main course. The paneer butter masala recipe is a traditional Indian dish served with bread and/or rice.
Sometimes going to a restaurant is a far-fetched idea. In such situations having a restaurant-style paneer butter masala recipe at hand will be of assistance. Besides, you can adjust the quantities if you are following a low-calorie diet.
There are several paneer butter masala recipes available online. Chime into the one that seems easy to imitate while also focusing on the taste and reviews. An easy-to-follow recipe will make the process seamless and allow you to prepare the concoction more often. The paneer butter masala recipe is creamy, soft, and full of flavor. It is a front-runner owing to its deliciousness.
1) A tablespoon of oil
2) 2 green cardamoms or more if you like the taste
3) A cup of onions, diced
4) 1.5 cups of tomatoes finely diced
5) 3/4 teaspoon of salt, plus you could adjust according to your liking
6) 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar, which is optional
7) 12-14 cashews
8) 3/4 to 1 teaspoon red chili powder
9) 1 teaspoon of garam masala
10) 1 teaspoon coriander powder
1) Tej patta
1) 1.5 tablespoon butter
2) 1.5 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste (finely crushed)
3) 200-250 gms paneer
4) 1 teaspoon Kasturi methi
5) Nearly 3-4 tablespoons of heavy cream
6) Lastly, coriander/cilantro for garnishing
1) Commence by heating the oil in a skillet and adding in the cardamoms.
2) Subsequently, add a cup of diced onions and stir fry them until they become transparent.
3) Next, you will add 1.5 cups of diced tomatoes along with salt and saute it for 3 minutes. The quantity of salt depends on your taste.
4) Place a lid on top of the skillet and allow the onions and tomatoes to cook correctly. They must become mushy by the end.
5) Now, add in the garam masala along with the coriander powder and the cashew nuts. Finally, sprinkle the red chili powder and add the sugar if you like.
6) Let the spices marinate with the vegetables until it becomes aromatic. It should take about 2-3 minutes.
7) Post this, turn the stove off and let the concoction cool down completely.
8) Gather a blender and pour the ingredients into it. Mix it with a cup of water and blend it into a smooth paste. If it does not seem silky enough, use a filter and set the blend in another bowl.
1) Use the same skillet and a dash of butter in it. You can now add in the optional ingredients (cardamom, bay leaf, and cloves).
2) Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
3) Next, pour in the puree, add 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, and not overcook it.
4) Keep an eye on the gravy and prevent it from overcooking. Sprinkle Kasturi methi and turn the flame off. Add cream and serve it hot.
This is a simple recipe that will allow you to enjoy a restaurant-like experience at home.
Healthy eating as a trend: Diets or Healthy food?
The global pandemic has changed almost everything. Our eating and cooking habits are not an exception. During the isolation people started different challenges in social media posting dish recipes and cooking process videos. There were people who were dieting together and sharing their results. Eating healthy food and training at home became such a trend which was interesting to many people.
There are many people who even started accounts on Instagram about healthy eating and nutrition, and there are many interesting and creative instagram story ideas about this topic, which are both informative and inspirational to start eating healthy.
Diets and Nutrition
There are many opinions about diets. Some think that it’s the best way to lose weight, others think that it’s dangerous for health, and for the third ones it’s becoming an addiction during a short time. At least, diets should be prescribed by a doctor-nutritionist who is a specialist, knows everything necessary about the person who has a weight problem and then the individual diet is being formed for the person.
Maybe people don’t know clearly what diet is? And the word diet reminds of an unpleasant process associated with torturous weight loss. Let’s clarify!
First of all, let’s mention that diet is not only for losing weight. Dieting is a process of eating healthy food and following a specific “schedule” of eating. By changing eating habits, organism can change in a very positive way. The energy, mood and physical condition will be improved. Dieting is not about not eating, starving and calculating calories every moment. It’s important to hear the needs of human’s organism which are very individual.
In summer the desire to eat disappears, maybe because of heat. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables are more pleasant than heavy dishes or soups. There are many ways to satisfy your hunger, lose weight and get the necessary vitamins at the same time. One of them is watermelon nutrition! This fresh and juicy fruit is very healthy and full of vitamins.
The most part of watermelons is water, about 92% and it’s full of vitamins and minerals. In each piece there are vitamins A, B6, and C, as well as a lot of lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids. This summer sweet snack is fat-free and only 40 calories a cup. It’s sweet, so you can satisfy the hunger for sweets without thinking about gaining weight.
These amino-acids let the body function optimally, and this process allows to lose weight. Watermelon nutrition is also good for improving health. The high quantities of lycopene in watermelon protect cells from damage and may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Because of their antioxidant characteristics, watermelons may assist to reduce the risk of cancer.
The healthy eating is very good for physical and psychological condition. There are many diets and nutrition tips to follow, but it’s really important to remember that everything is individual even if it’s about health. Diets are very different and appropriate for different organisms and needs, don’t forget to consulate with a doctor. Trends are fun, but listening to the inner voice and needs are even more important.
Reusable Coffee Filters vs. Paper Coffee Filters
Do you want to know the secret to perfecting your morning coffee? It’s all in the coffee filter. Not only do they come with health benefits, using a coffee filter can keep the ground beans out of your coffee. Your coffee filter will give you a smoother drink and an all-around better experience.
Whether you make your morning coffee in your kitchen or at work, you want to have a filter that you can take with you. The type of coffee filter you use will impact the taste of your drink. We’re comparing paper coffee filters to their reusable alternatives. We’ll let you know why reusable ones our favourites are.
What Are Paper Coffee Filters?
The main purpose of coffee filters is to catch the diterpenes within your coffee. These are the oily substances that you can find floating at the top of your coffee. They can negatively impact your heart health by increasing your cholesterol. Paper coffee filters are made using natural fibres, making them biodegradable. They’re the option you’ll see lining your supermarket shelves.
Paper filters work by filtering the majority of the micro-grounds and oils in your coffee. While it gives you a thinner consistency, it takes away the authentic aroma and flavour. It’s one reason why paper filters are popular, as they can make black coffee more drinkable.
Paper filters are easy to hand out around your office – or if you don’t want to share your reusable one with friends. The downside is that they’re not environmentally sustainable. If you’re trying to cut out waste, you’ll want to look for another option.
Why Reusable Coffee Filters Are a Win-Win
We’re all trying to become a little greener. Whether it’s abandoning single-use plastic or cycling to work, we’re all looking for ways to help the planet. If you’re someone who drinks multiple coffees a day, you need a reusable coffee filter. You can throw it into your backpack or keep a spare one in your desk drawer.
Unlike paper filters, these reusable options maintain the taste and smell of your drink. If you need the scent of coffee to wake you up in the morning, you need a reusable filter! A reusable filter is a must-have for those who enjoy a rich coffee and want to maintain its aromatic qualities.
Your reusable filter is a one-time investment that you can clean between uses in under one minute. While paper filters might seem cheap when you first buy them, the cost quickly builds up.
While paper filters can be helpful in a crisis, reusable filters are a more cost-effective and eco-friendlier alternative. With a little TLC, your reusable filter can be your plus-one for every adventure and coffee run.
At 2x Espresso, we sell reusable coffee filters that are hassle-free to help you brew the perfect coffee. As fellow coffee lovers and travel addicts, our online store is dedicated to giving you the tools to enjoy your coffee on the go.
Latest News7 months ago
Why You Should Invest in an Expense Management Software
business8 months ago
The Importance of Wealth and Investment Management For Your Life
Latest News1 year ago
दिल दहला देनी वाली खबर महिला ने भरे बाजार में पिया जहर साथ में बच्चे को भी दिया
fashion7 months ago
Looking For the Best Quality Ring For Your Spouse
fashion9 months ago
Why Fashion Nova is Uniquely Qualified To Survive The Retail Apocalypse
business2 months ago
7 Construction Industry Trends Your Company Needs to Know About
home10 months ago
Know all About Flowers and Moods Associated with Them
Latest News7 months ago
6 Things to Look for Before Buying a Rental Investment Calculator