The Apple iPhone 8 was originally released in September 2017 and remained available from Apple until mid-April. Although you can still buy the unit in several mobile phone stores throughout the world.
You’re probably thinking that the iPhone 8 is outdated and old as it was released nearly four years ago. However, there are still more people who prefer to use iPhone 8 than Apple’s larger devices.
Everything you need to know about iPhone 8
The Apple iPhone 8 was once tagged as the “new generation” of iPhone as it became the 11th generation of the iPhone series. If you’re planning on purchasing an iPhone 8, the following are the things you need to know about it.
- Size and Design. In terms of design, the iPhone 8 is almost similar to the iPhone 7. Their similarity can be seen on the phone’s front as well as the buttons and ports. However, when you flip the device, you will notice that the iPhone 8 has a glass back. The glass back allows for the addition of wireless charging. The iPhone 8 also features Qi inductive charging.
In terms of size, the iPhone 8 is 5.45 (H) x 2.65 (W) x 0.29 (D) in inches. It also weighs 5.2 ounces. The device is easy to use with one hand.
- Screen and Display. The iPhone 8 has a 4.7-inch Retina display with a resolution of 1334 x 750. While it’s similar to iPhone 7, Apple added the True Tone, which gives the device an improved color range, saturation, and contrast. It makes iPhone 8’s display better able in making automatic adjustments based on ambient lighting.
- Processor and Performance. Buying the iPhone 8 will get you the Apple A11 Bionic chip with 2GB of RAM. The Apple A11 Bionic is a six-core processor that features four energy-efficient cores and two high-performance cores. It also has a motion coprocessor and Neural Engine. This means that even though iPhone 8 is not in the lineup of the newest iPhone on the market, this device is still powerful enough to handle daily use such as sending messages and emails, making calls, surfing the web, using social media, and taking pictures and videos.
- Camera. Camera has been one of the most important features people look into when shopping for new phones. It may be an old iPhone model but this device has been called “one of the best-performing mobile device cameras.” The iPhone 8’s 7MP front camera has an f/2.2 aperture along with auto-image stabilization. It also has a Retina flash, auto HDR, face detection, and the capability to capture 720p video at 240 frames per second as well as 1080p video at 30 frames per second.
The single-camera setup on the rear of the iPhone 8 has a 12MP camera with an f/1.8 aperture, auto-focus, optical image stabilization, and a True Tone flash. The back camera can capture 4k video at up to 60 frames per second and 1080p video at up to 240 frames per second.
- Software. Software is another factor to consider when you’re thinking of purchasing an old model iPhone. Apple will not roll out software updates forever. In iPhone 8’s case, the device is still getting current updates. When it was released in 2017, the iPhone 8 was running iOS 11.0. At present, the device is running the most current version of iOS.
- Other highlights. The iPhone 8 also has an IP67 rating for water and dust resistance. This will allow the device to be submerged in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. However, you should remember that the iPhone 8 is water-resistant and not waterproof. You can’t swim with this device but its IP67 rating is enough to help if the phone accidentally went for a swim.
Why some iPhone 8 were refurbished
While the price of the iPhone 8 nowadays has gone down with the emergence of new iPhone models, buying a refurbished version of it is more affordable. It’s a good deal for someone who is on a tight budget but is looking for a new phone to use.
The Apple iPhone 8 was once tagged as the “new generation” of iPhone as it became the 11th generation of the iPhone series. (Photo credit: qwikfone.com)
If you’re concerned about the term “refurbished,” you don’t need to be worried as refurbished phones, while they are pre-owned, are totally wiped, tested, and repaired to work like new. Apple is even selling refurbished iPhones in its store.
To further abate your worries, here are some of the reasons why the iPhone 8 and other units were returned to Apple.
- The iPhone was used as a demonstration model.
- The previous owner returned the phone unused within 14 days, as per Apple’s refund and exchange policy.
- The iPhone was returned to Apple due to a fault. While this reason will increase your worries, Apple assured that whatever the fault is in the device, it has been already identified and fixed before reselling.
Apple also guaranteed that the refurbished products they sell undergo full functional testing and thorough cleaning. Parts that were replaced are genuine Apple parts.
You might also notice that some shops that sell refurbished phones have grade scores A, B, or C. These grade scores indicate the condition of the phone.
Grade A – the phone looks like a brand new device or has very few signs of wear
Grade B – the phone might have some minor scratches and some wear
Grade C – the phone looks used and has obvious signs of wear
Why buy the refurbished iPhone 8
You already know the features that the iPhone 8 possesses. Now comes the question of whether or not you should buy this device in 2021. The iPhone 8 has become a popular choice due to it having a smaller form factor and a home button.
Apart from being budget-friendly, here are more reasons why you should buy a refurbished iPhone 8 in 2021.
- You will get a one-year warranty
- There is no shipping cost if you buy directly from Apple
- You will be able to utilize Apple’s 14-day returns policy
- You will get 90 days of tech support
There are also other stores where you can buy refurbished iPhone 8. Just make sure that the store you’re planning on buying the phone from will give you the guarantee that the refurbished device you’re getting is nothing less than Grade A quality. One of the said stores is the QwikFone
Here are some of the reasons why you should buy a refurbished iPhone 8 from QwikFone.
- You will get the best iPhone 8 refurbished at the lowest cost. This is because QwikFone has a team known as smartphone wizards due to their ability to restore any phone to its pristine condition.
- You will get an affordable refurbished iPhone 8 that ranges from £235 to £290, depending on what memory size you are choosing.
- You will get a free set of new accessories such as a charger and earphones of the same quality level as Apple’s accessories.
- You will get a refurbished OEM battery if the original battery of the iPhone 8 is used in a way that makes it not meet QwikFone’s requirements. The refurbished OEM battery is used to guarantee the performance of the original battery without raising the cost, and the price, of the refurbished iPhone 8.
- You will get a 12-month warranty that covers not just the handset but also the set of accessories that comes with the iPhone 8. The warranty ensures that you will get a free repair for any manufacturing or refurbishing issues in the phone. You are also entitled to free replacements for the accessories that have issues.
- You can pay for the refurbished iPhone 8 using bank transfers and credit cards for online purchases. You can pay monthly payments for a refurbished unlocked iPhone 8 if you’re using PayPal Credit and Klarna. You can be assured that you will pay no additional cost if you choose to pay using the aforementioned methods as they offer installment plans free of interest.
- You will get the most affordable and secure shipping and delivery services.
- You will get a full refund within 30 days from the order date. If you’re planning on returning the refurbished iPhone 8 for some reason, make sure that the device is kept in its pristine condition and the accessory set is complete and brand-new. Once the returned order content is received and revised, QwikFone will issue a refund to the same payment method that the customer used to pay for it.
- You will enjoy using an unlocked device when you buy a refurbished iPhone 8 from QwikFone. You will get to use any carrier’s SIM card in this device with no technical blockages or problems. What’s even more amazing is that the store’s unlocking of the iPhone 8 is authorized and regulated. This will assure you that no issues will arise when you’re using it in any country.
One of the best-selling iPhone devices in QwikFone is the iPhone 8 256GB Gold. (Photo credit: qwikfone.com)
Here are some of the iPhone 8 refurbished unlocked by QwikFone:
- Apple iPhone 8 256GB Silver
- Apple iPhone 8 64GB Red
- Apple iPhone 8 64GB Silver
- Apple iPhone 8 256GB Red
- Apple iPhone 8 256GB Gold
- Apple iPhone 8 256GB Space Grey
- Apple iPhone 8 64GB Gold
- Apple iPhone 8 64GB Space Grey
If you want a recommendation, the store suggests that you will be most satisfied using either the iPhone 8 256GB Space Grey or the iPhone 8 256GB Gold. QwikFone’s best-selling iPhone devices are the ones that have the largest internal memory while most of its customers prefer the Space Grey and Gold color variants.
The refurbished iPhone 8, regardless of what variety you plan to buy, guarantees to work and look as good as new from every aspect. If you’re looking for the best device to buy that will not leave you with an empty wallet, the refurbished iPhone 8 is perfect to purchase in 2021.