Students all over the world are opting to study abroad to broaden their horizons now more than ever. Universities across the globe are offering programs that tailor to the needs of students in different fields from various backgrounds.
MBBS students are also increasingly following this path because of the unparalleled cultural and professional exposure they get. The top-notch quality of education and the low-cost investment has made studying MBBS in Russia highly sought after in recent years.
Hundreds of thousands of international students flock to Russia every year from 160+ countries because of Russia’s world-renowned expertise in the medical field and its infrastructure. Here are some of the reasons why Russia is one of the most sought after countries for international MBBS students
One of the main reasons why Russia stands out internationally from other countries such as the USA, Canada, or Australia, is because of the affordability in education that Russia offers without compromising the quality of education.
The average fees per annum across Russian universities for MBBS is 3.21 lakh rupees, and the living expenses are also low compared to other countries.
Quality is never compromised in Russia in any field, including the field of Medicine. The research and practical-learning curriculum followed in Russian universities benefit the students tremendously in the long run.
All Russian Universities are Government Universities of Russia, and WHO (World Health Organisation) and MCI (The Medical Council of India) recognize a majority of them.
WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) have these universities on their list, so these certificates are valued all over the world. Indians students are thus eligible to appear for the MCI screening test as well.
Exceptional students, especially in the field of Medicine, are a valuable asset for a country and the Russian government recognizes this. Students who showcase outstanding talent and merit are given full-ride scholarships by the Russian government every year. These students can register under the quota reserved for them. Hence, studying MBBS in Russia is an even more lucrative opportunity.
Medium of Instruction
Another factor that often intimidates international students about Russia is the language barrier. However, in most universities that offer MBBS in Russia, the medium of instruction is English. Students need not worry about not being able to catch up because of the language barrier.
Nevertheless, it is better to have a basic comprehension of the Russian language, especially in the medical field, where one would be required to interact with Russian citizens as part of providing help and consultations.
Secure Living Facilities
Russian universities offer safe and comfortable living spaces to their students. The security is top-notch, and students feel at home in the hostels.
The high percentage of international students in the Universities also provide for a loving community for the students, so they never feel left out. The close-knit Indian student community will keep the homesickness at bay. Therefore, students often find it easier to adjust to the new atmosphere.
The admission procedure to get accepted into a Russian university is simple as students are not required to appear in any entrance exams. This hassle-free nature is one of the factors that make MBBS in Russia so enticing to students. Some of the major criteria to be met by students are as follows:
● The candidates should have turned 17 years old as of the 31st of December of the year of admission.
● Indian candidates are required to have cleared NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
● Indian candidates are required to have passed the XII grade exam in any recognized equivalent Board of Examination with a minimum percentage of 50% from the science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
● Indian students are also required to present an eligibility certificate issued by the MCI at the time of admission to Foreign Medical Universities.
Some Prominent Russian Universities that Offer MBBS Courses Candidates have a plethora of choices when it comes to institutions that offer Medical degrees in Russia.
Here are some of the notable names and their locations.
● Ulyanovsk State University, Ulyanovsk, Russia.
● Far Eastern Federal University, Moscow, Russia.
● Northern State Medical University, Arkhangelsk, Russia.
● Penza State University, Belgorod, Russia.
● Stavropol State Medical University, Stavropol, Russia.
● Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk, Russia.
● Bashkir State Medical University, Ufa, Russia.
● Tver State Medical University, Tver, Russia.
● Kursk State Medical University, Kursk, Russia. The surplus of choices, affordability of the programs, rich cultural heritage of the country, and quality of education promise the students a valuable and delightful experience when studying MBBS in Russia