Do you feel muscle tension for no apparent reason? Do you lack motivation? Are tiredness and fatigue part of your day to day life?
It is likely that you are under high levels of stress or that you suffer from anxiety. Despite being very common, these are complex disorders that trigger more serious conditions. Luckily, there is a whole series of articles designed to help you cope. Among them are the rotating rings, also known as meditation rings.
Do you remember that a few years ago they were fashionable? It is about much more than that. Although it is not a substitute for a complete treatment for anxiety, a rotating ring can be your great ally in times of crisis.
In this article, we tell you everything you need to know about spinner rings and the ideal way to use them. In addition, at the end we tell you a little about the most recommended models.
1. How do spinning rings work?
Performing repetitive and automatic movements is one of the simplest and most primitive ways to release stress. Throughout history, different round objects have been used as painkillers. The current rotating rings are born from a Tibetan concept that relates the circle to physical and mental tranquility.
These items are available in a wide variety of designs, sizes, and materials. The most popular are those made of stainless steel, with this material, deterioration due to daily use is not a problem. The mechanism of the rotating rings consists of a solid part that is inserted into the finger and another mobile part. The latter rotates freely and is supported by the main part of the ring.
They are designed in such a way that they are very easy to use with the other hand, the thumb or even with one of the neighboring fingers of the same hand. The best way to use them is by moving the inner ring or spinner at a speed appropriate to the level of anxiety being felt.
At the time of use, it is recommended to breathe slowly, if possible, close your eyes and maintain a meditative state until calm. Unless it is a very acute crisis, the rotating rings are enough to combat stress optimally.
2. Tips to optimize the operation of a rotating ring
The rotating rings are excellent mechanisms to control stress and anxiety, however, each person must adapt it to their way of being. We can all complement the use of these accessories to our own relaxation methods to obtain an optimal result. Here are some of the most commonly used methods to get the most out of your spinning rings:
- Make an association: Some people like to associate the turning of the ring with a happy moment or with someone very dear to them. Others prefer to make positive comments about themselves, such as “my anxiety does not control me.” It is even very common that it is associated with the best attitudes at that time, such as breathing slowly.
- Find a relaxing environment: To take relaxation to another plane, you can find a calm and quiet place. In this place, you can try to control your anxiety by making use of your spinning ring. Try to bring to your mind some stressful moments and imagine more optimal ways to act in those situations.
- Control your anxiety with the ring: Finally, in the moments of anxiety typical of your usual routine, start spinning the ring. In this way, you will be able to emanate the association you made with him and find calm.
3. Popular Spinner Rings on the Market