Reusable bottles. Plastic, glass, aluminum or stainless steel? Which to choose? You have made the decision, you want to start reducing the amount of plastic in your life and the first step you are going to take is to stop using single-use plastic bottles. With this small gesture you know that you are going to save the planet tons of plastic.
Using a reusable bottle for a year will save the world 167 plastic bottles.
You have to choose a reusable bottle, every day there are more options, now you can find a bottle almost anywhere and you are a bit lost… We have analyzed the different alternatives: pros and cons. To help you choose the perfect reusable bottle for you.
Which is the best option? Plastic, glass, aluminum or stainless steel …
Reusable plastic bottle
In this case we are talking about reusable plastic bottles. When choosing reusable plastic bottles provided by Vietnam plastic products manufacturer, you have to check that they are BPA free, avoiding all plastics with numbers 03 and 07.
– More economical. – Light, especially if you buy from this Vietnam engineering plastic suppliers
– Less durable, they age worse.
– They give a bad taste to the water, with the uses the water begins to take on a bad taste in many cases.
– They are very difficult to recycle.
Reusable glass bottle
Glass is a perfect material for transporting water. In addition, these bottles can be easily obtained in a supermarket, for example many sparkling waters come in glass bottles that you can later reuse.
– With a glass bottle you make sure that the water does not take on a bad taste. The water just tastes like water.
– Easy to recycle.
– Their useful life is almost infinite (as long as they do not break …).
– Fragility, you have to be careful with them. For this reason, they are already beginning to be manufactured in more resistant materials such as borosilicate or Pyrex. Many brands choose to include a silicone or neoprene sleeve to absorb shock.
– Weight. A 500ml glass bottle weighs on average about 500g (without water). That’s why we only use them at home.
Aluminum reusable bottle
The first reusable bottle we had was an aluminum canteen. The reason we bought it was the price. A 500ml aluminum bottle can cost less than $ 5.
– Very cheap.
– 100% Recyclable.
– Bad taste. After several uses the water begins to taste strange, metallic. Aluminum is a metal that reacts with certain liquids, that is why the aluminum bottle cannot be filled with acidic drinks such as juices, energy drinks, etc.
– Inner liner. With use, the interior lining is lost and aluminum salts are released. In some European countries such as Germany, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, the use of aluminum in kitchens is prohibited.
Reusable stainless steel bottle
Stainless steel is the best option for us. It is more expensive than aluminum but the investment is worth it.
– They do not transmit any type of smell or taste, because the stainless steel bottles are not covered with any material. Stainless steel has an extremely thin, continuous, stable and highly resistant passive film that protects against corrosion.
– They can contain other drinks in addition to water: coffee, tea, juices, etc. Both hot and cold drinks.
– Easy to clean
– 100% Recyclable.
– Price. The price of these bottles is usually more expensive than the previous ones because producing steel is much more expensive than producing aluminum, since the process is longer.
So which one would you choose?