The marketplace is filled with different types of CBD products including pills, oil, edibles, and topicals. However, individuals should not get too overwhelmed about their favorite products without knowing the CBD pros and cons. While CBD is generally considered safe, it still has some drawbacks. In this article, we list some of the best CBD products available in the market along with their pros and cons.
Many people use CBD oil for different conditions such as anxiety. However, ensure to know the pros and cons of CBD oil for anxiety before using it. Studies note that CBD may interact with receptors in the body to reduce symptoms of depression.
- Its highly concentrated with CBD and provides potent results.
- CBD oil highly blends with other foods and drinks.
- It has a tangy taste which may not be pleasant for many people.
- Too potent for novice users
CBD tincture is an alcohol-based extract infused with CBD. Using CBD tincture is easy. Simply place a few oil drops under the tongue and hold for 60 seconds before swallowing.
- It can be added to your favorite foods and drinks.
- CBD tinctures are available in different flavors making it more enjoyable.
- They have low concentrations of CBD when compared to CBD oil.
- The alcohol in tinctures may not work well with everybody.
CBD Gummies are edible candies infused with CBD oil. Edible cannabis can include delicious treats, gummies, and baked goods.
- Edibles offer discreetness and can be consumed anywhere at any time.
- They are sold in pre-measured doses.
- Long-lasting effects.
- They have slow onset effects with some users waiting for 30 minutes for the effects to kick in.
- You can easily overdose on edibles due to their slow onset effects. Simply put, while waiting for the effects to kick in you may to tempted to consume more edibles.
Also called CBD pills, this form of consumption offers the same great benefits as CBD oil without any negative taste. They’re a great alternative to CBD oil.
- Ease of consumption
- It’s convenient as you can take it at anytime
- It has a slower metabolism since it initially passes through the digestive system
It offers low bioavailability when compared to other tinctures.
You may need to wait long for the effects to set in
What Form of CBD Is Best?
The best form of CBD goes down to your personal preference. What works best for you might not work for others. While some may prefer CBD tinctures, others may prefer CBD edibles. Therefore, it’s essential to read the CBD pros and cons before making your purchase.
Knowing the pros and cons of the different types of CBD products is essential in getting the best from your purchase. Are you still worried about the price? A CBD coupon can be a great solution. Simply check your retailer for any available codes.
Michael Levin is a CBD enthusiast, a researcher, writer and editor in the cannabis space, experienced CBD user and educator. He believes CBD can help improve our overall health and wellbeing.