Are you planning to do an MBA course without compromising on your career? If yes, check out IGNOU’s Distance MBA course, which helps you learn the required skills to become the leader of tomorrow. The Correspondence MBA school of IGNOU has been offering distance learning MBA Education since 1987.
IGNOU’s Distance Education is conferred awards by the Commonwealth of Learning. The learning resources for all courses at IGNOU are – Virtual class, eGyanKosh, and Education Broadcast.
Hence, Indira Gandhi National Open University’s Distance MBA (IGNOU) is one of the most popular options among MBA candidates planning to work while learning. IGNOU’s Distance MBA has a considerable presence and is preferred by students across India.
Mentioned below are the details about IGNOU’s Distance MBA for working professionals interested in pursuing an MBA while working.
Distance MBA at IGNOU – Details, Eligibility, Fees, OPENMAT
Here, all details about Distance MBA for admission to IGNOU:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA – General)
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
Details about Distance MBA at IGNOU
- The duration of Distance MBA is 2 years, though the maximum duration to complete the course is 5 years.
- The mode of course is English.
- The specializations offered include – Financial Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, and Financial Markets Practice.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU Distance MBA
- General Category Candidates planning to study a Distance MBA program must have completed graduation in any discipline with at least 50%. However, candidates belonging to the reserved category can apply with 45% as well.
- Candidates must have qualified for the OPENMAT exam that IGNOU will hold.
- They must have at least 3 years of managerial/ supervisory/ professional experience.
- Candidates having a Professional Degree with 50% marks in Engineering / Medicine / Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) / Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWAI) / Chartered Secretaryship (ICSI), and Law can also apply.
- There is no age bar.
OPENMAT Key Points
Admissions to Distance MBA IGNOU are done via OPENMAT exam.
IGNOU Distance MBA Fees
The total fee to do a Distance MBA from IGNOU is INR 37,800. The Distance MBA program consists of 21 courses in all; the fees for each course are worth INR 1,800 (so the total fees would be 21X1800 = INR 37,800).
How to Apply for a Distance MBA?
Candidates planning to apply for a Distance MBA program need to give the entrance test and clear the same. If a student has taken any national-level aptitude test like CAT, there are more chances of getting shortlisted.
Applicants can download the prospectus of the IGNOU Distance MBA program from the official website.
IGNOU MBA Admission Procedure
The admission process at IGNOU has 2 stages –
- Stage 1 – Qualify Openmat Exam.
- Stage 2 – Apply for IGNOU Distance MBA program.
Step 1 – Verify the Eligibility
First of all, make sure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the program.
Step 2 – Get the Prospectus
Once cross-checking the minimum eligibility criteria, one can get the prospectus. The IGNOU prospectus can be obtained in person by paying an amount worth INR 1,000/- in cash at any of the regional centers or study centers of IGNOU.
Candidates can also get the prospectus from the official portal and pay INR 1,050/- through DD.
Furthermore, candidates can apply for an offline post; for the same, they need to send a DD in favor of IGNOU.
Step 3 – Taking the IGNOU OPENMAT
Candidates can apply for the OPENMAT online only (https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in/). The application fee for the exam is INR 600; the amount for the same can be paid using the Net Banking / Debit / Credit Card.
All the candidates have to qualify for the OPENMAT exam to get admission into a Distance MBA course. The exam is conducted twice every year, and the university decides the cut-off score.
The result for the exam is announced within 6-7 weeks post the exam. The result card for the same will be available online at the IGNOU website.
Step 5 – Complete the Application Form and pay the Application Fees
Candidates are supposed to send a duly filled application form and the required documents to the IGNOU Regional Centre for admission. The list of documents include:
- Attested copies of documents proving educational qualification
- Original OPENMAT Scorecard and Hall Ticket
- Category and Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- Identity card
- Demand Draft
Selection of candidates to the IGNOU management programs like MBA, DIM, PGDIM, and other PG Diploma programs are granted based on the marks obtained in the OPENMAT, conducted all over India twice a year. Subsequently, the results will be delivered to the candidates who have given the OPENMAT examination mentioning whether candidates have qualified for the exam or not.
To be a part of the IGNOU MBA course, candidates need to pass the entrance test. But in case students have appeared in any national level aptitude test for MBA like CAT, they might be exempted based on scores.
IGNOU Placement Cell
IGNOU Placement cell was established in 2005, and since then, the university has been arranging many placement drives to offer good placement opportunities to students onboard. The Campus Placement Cell (CPC) is improving by introducing various new initiatives like soft skills and career development activities.
Distance MBA course from IGNOU is a flexible and reasonable option for working professionals because of the course curriculum and learning resources. One can study from anywhere at any time while working.
The institute has received recognition from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for offering several UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate, Doctoral courses. Are you convinced now? Then hurry up and start applying next time!