Why is my internet so slow? How do I speed up my internet? I am unable to watch movies or play games online due to the slow internet.
You all might have experienced all these problems once in a while. Although, Netgear WiFi extenders have been able to solve the internet connection problems. Netgear extenders are known for providing faster internet. Somehow they can also create troubles for you when they becomes slow. What is the reason behind this, and how can you overcome this problem? Read further to know.
Reasons Why Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender is Slow
The slow performance of your Netgear extender may be due to two reasons, either due to the router or the WiFi device connected to your extender. Besides this, there are a lot of reasons that affect the performance of your extender, which are as follows:
- Wrong location of your extender
- Poor connection between the extender and router
- Outdated firmware
- Malicious software and virus on the device
- Incomplete Netgear extender setup
Now, you know the reasons that are making your Netgear extender slow. So let’s discuss how to fix the issue of a slow extender.
Fixed: Why is Your Netgear Extender So Slow?
- Change the Location of Your Extender
The Netgear extenders slow down due to their incorrect location. The wrong location of the extender reduces its overall performance. Thus, note down the following points while relocatingyour Netgear extender:
- Keep your extender away from concrete walls and corners.
- Don’t place the Netgear extender near any WiFi interference device like mirrors, fish tanks, baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Keep your Netgear extender and router in the same room, but do not keep them too close as it might lead their WiFi signals to clash.
- Establish a Strong Connection Between Your Netgear Extender and Router
Make sure that there is a strong connection between the extender and the router. It is advisable to connect the Netgear extender and router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connection is finger-tight and the Ethernet cable should not be damaged.
- Update the Firmware of Your Netgear Extender
An outdated version of the firmware is enough to slow down the Netgear extender. Thus, update the firmware of the Netgear extender to its latest version by accessing the mywifiext page.
- Malicious Softwares and Viruses on the Device
If the device you are using to access the internet contain viruses and malicious softwares, then your innternet will slow down. So, make sure that your device is free of any virus and malicious software that affects the performance of your Netgear extender.
- Perform Complete Netgear Extender Setup
If your Netgear extender is slow, chances are that you have performed an incomplete Netgear extender setup. Thus, access www.mywifiext.net and complete the setup process .
You can also set up your Netgear extender using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Restore Your Netgear Extender to Factory Default Settings
If none of the above fixes worked for you, restore your Netgear extender to the factory default settings. You can restore the extender to its factory settings by using the Reset button on your extender, or using the Netgear Nighthawk app. Once your Netgear extender gets restored to its factory default settings, you have to perform Netgear extender setup from scratch by accessing the mywifiext login page.
Faster internet is one of the prime needs of this world. No one wants to lag due to a slow internet. With the above troubleshooting guide, you can solve the problem of the slow Netgear extender. In case, if none of the above-mentioned tips work for you, then tchances are that your extender is damaged. Thus, replace it with a new Netgear extender as soon as possible.