Menopause is the condition in which women have no menstruation for 12 months consecutively. Women cannot be pregnant anymore. The age during which this condition occurs is usually 45 and 55. In some cases, this condition also happens before and after this age.
Menopause is the end of menstrual cycles in women. Moreover, there are many factors that occur during menopause, such as, extreme sweating or loss of hair. However, there are positive treatments that are available, for example, in case of hair loss; there exists the best hair loss treatment for females.
Premenopause, menopause, and post-menopause
During the premenopause stage, there are chances that you may have periods late or skip once. In this condition, periods are not as regular as usual. In contrast, menopause is a total lack of periods for almost 12 months consecutively. Postmenopause is the period that occurs after menopause has occurred entirely.
The symptoms of menopause are severe. Smoking and drinking are likely to make this condition worse, and symptoms long-lasting. Find below the signs or symptoms of menstruation:
- The person feels less number of menstruations than usual.
- Women often experience periods, sometimes as light flow or sometimes as heavy.
- Women experience hot flashes, sweats, and flushing.
- Vaginal dryness occurs during post-menopause. In this condition, the natural moisturizer, which keeps the vagina moisturized, decreases which causes vaginal dryness.
- Most women suffer from sleep problems during the period of premenopause. The sleeping problem occurs due to a lack of hormones and irregular menstruation.
- When the hormonal level of estrogen and progesterone decreases, it causes anxiety and lowers energy. These hormones are responsible for maintaining your emotional balance and mood.
- The gradual gain in weight occurs due to menopause. Weight increases around the abdomen, thighs, and hips simultaneously. However, it is not necessarily one who gains weight has menopause. Gaining weight is also related to age, and it increases with age.
- Metabolic energy is the energy that we use to convert stored energy into working energy. Estrogen is responsible for the metabolism of the body. As we discussed above, the estrogen level decreases during menopause.
- During menopause, the estrogen level decreases, which makes breast tissue dehydrated and loses its elasticity. Women no longer experience nipple discharge. During this time breasts also begin to sag.
HAIR LOSS DUE TO MENOPAUSE
The thinning in the hair occurs from different sides like the sides, front, and back of the head. Women even experience bald spots on top of the head. Due to the weak follicle hair, hair is likely to fall while combing. When the hormonal imbalance occurs due to menopause, then women start losing hair. Hormones such as estrogen and progesterone help hair to grow healthy and rapidly.
The decrease in estrogen and progesterone increases androgens; androgen lessens hair follicles, resulting in hair loss. Hormones like androgens cause hair to grow on the face which is the reason some women going through menopause also have facial hair. Fortunately, you can consider finding the best hair loss treatment for females.
Diagnosis of Menopause
Most women who are aware of the symptoms are better prepared for menopause even before the symptoms start. Experts have researched a new blood test. This blood test determines whether a woman is undergoing menopause or is about to start. The blood test is known as PicoAMH.
This test will be beneficial as the condition will be deducted earlier than usual and primitive measures will be taken consciously. Sometimes consultants will want to do extra tests due to severe symptoms. Additional tests will be done to handle conditions that are responsible for symptoms: blood lipid test, thyroid function tests, testosterone, progesterone, and prolactin tests.
Causes of menopause
However, menopause is a natural process that occurs after a certain age in women. Ovaries start producing fewer reproductive hormones, which results in menopause. The first and leading cause is hormonal changes. The hormone level gradually decreases with age, leading to menopause conditions, such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
Ovarian follicles are eventually lost from women’s ovaries; ovarian follicles produce and release eggs from the ovary wall. The surgical removal of the ovary also causes menopause. Often the function of the ovary is disabled with the help of hormone therapy or radiotherapy. This act of disabling also causes menopause.
- Hormone therapy – The hormone therapy relieves hot flashes
- Vaginal estrogen – Using vaginal cream or pills to relieve vaginal dryness
- Antidepressants – The low dose of antidepressants decreases hot flashes
- Fruits and vegetable – A colossal use of fruit and herb vegetable
Menopause is a natural process that occurs in women during the aging period. The symptoms such as unnecessary hair growth can be severe and can be treated effectively and timely. Early menopause may occur more than usual due to conditions of genetics.