The paperwork required for onboarding new hires has grown exponentially over the past few years. New hires can expect to spend several hours completing the piles of paperwork that includes the following:
- Background screening consent and disclosures
- Drug screening consent and disclosures
- Federal tax forms
- State tax forms
- Health insurance forms
- 401k information
- Disability forms
- Non-compete agreements
- Employee handbook notifications and agreements
- Direct deposit information
- I-9 forms and E-Verify
- And more!
Any way you look at it, it’s a lot of forms and papers for employees and employers to sift through. Employees often find themselves in a cold HR office without the information they need to complete the forms, and HR departments are drowning in papers and the need to remain vigilant about compliance. Is there a solution?
Electronic forms help manage the insanity considerably. A digital process provides the following benefits:
- Consistency. A fully digital process ensures that all the required forms are completed in the right order.
- Records. A digital process helps you maintain full and complete records of all the files as well as dates and times of completion.
- Sharing. Digital paperwork can be shared across locations.
- E-Verify. A digital form I-9 solution helps you manage the entire E-Verify and I-9 processes from start to finish.
- Efficiency. With a digital system, the forms you need are always available. Duplicate data entry is largely eliminated, and compliance is automatic. Background checks, E-Verify, and other onboarding tasks can also be integrated into the system, resulting in a central repository for all employee information.
Another significant benefit of digital technology that’s worth mentioning on its own is that it makes it possible for employees to complete the process from their own devices at home. It’s a lot of paperwork. Asking employees to choose their insurance options, list their emergency contacts, set up tax withholdings, sign legal non-compete agreements, and designate 401k beneficiaries in just a few hours on their first day of a new job is a big ask. Digital technology gives your new hires the ability to complete their forms at their own pace from the comfort of their own home. Not only does this help them make more informed choices, but they’re also in a position to access all the requisite info such as dependent’s SSNs, former employee’s addresses, their old bosses’ contact info, and details about past health insurance policies. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Improve the Process, Improve the Results
Help your HR team breathe easier and improve the candidate experience with digital onboarding systems that simplify and streamline the paperwork.