The market for kaolin is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% globally during the forecast period. Rising environmental awareness and the high cost of pulp have increased the consumption of kaolin in the paper industry. This, along with the growing need for high quality ceramics are driving the market growth. High costs and regulations in mining and adoption of other substitutes are expected to hinder the market growth.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-113688
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Paper and Ceramics
– Kaolin majorly used in paper industries due to its properties. Kaolin makes paper smoother and whiter and it also acts as a filler in the interstices of the sheet.
– Usage of Kaolin supports in gaining properties such as adding ink receptivity and opacity to the paper sheet, coupling to coat the surface, which in turn is supports to produce sharp photographic illustrations and bright printed colors.
– Kaolin has perfect opacity and it is an extremely important property to the paper industry. Usage of kaolin gives brightness, gloss, and viscosity properties to paper. According to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), U.S.A, about 60% of kaolin is used only by the paper industry.
– The ceramics industry has a great relation with kaolin. In ceramics, kaolin is used for whiteware products, insulators, and refractories. Kaolin has excellent molding properties and adds dry and fired strength, dimensional stability and a smooth surface finish to the ware products.
– According to the Italian association Federmacchine, Asia-Pacific leads the market in the manufacturing and consumption of ceramics. Properties such as dimensional stability, high fusion point, low water content, and dielectric properties make kaolin unique and more suitable for usage in the Asia-Pacific region.
Double-sided Tape Market
1,3-Propanediol (PDO) Market
Wire and Cable Compound Market
Non-woven Tape Market
Specialty Nitriles Market