The new year is here, and so are the resolutions. We always make a list of things that we promise to pay more heed to, let it be related to fitness, career, or mental health. This new year add another resolution to the list – a fresh coat of paint for your house. Just like us, our homes also age, and with time they start showing signs of peeling, cracks, and stains. A fresh coat of paint this new year will help you improve the life of your walls and lift your spirits.
Painting the exterior part of your house is equally important as your interior. In fact, it helps your house to brace harsh winters and humid summers. You can’t take this job into your hands, and it is best to rely on professional help. You can explore various packages by reputed companies like Asian Paints and Berger Paints to execute your work well. They will take care of your painting needs end-to-end and deliver fantastic results. Here are few things to keep in mind while you are at it.
- If you have moved into a fairly new house, then just go for touch-ups.
- While choosing the color for your exterior walls, avoid black and dark shades, rather choose neutral tones like egg white, ivory, beige. You can also choose lighter hues of dark color.
- Don’t go beyond two colors. Too many colors on the exterior walls will make it look cluttered and noisy. Remember you can’t re-do the exterior paint too often.
- It is best to undertake this renovation work during summertime, exterior paints take longer to dry and damp weather is a spoiler.
- Choose exterior paint that is resistant to fungi, molds, and mildew.
- Accentuate your home entrance with potted plants and cozy seating.
This is the area which we usually focus on because we spend a lot of our time indoors. Especially the year 2020 was spent mostly with our family at home. Since we look at these walls often, paying attention to the choice of paint, color, and texture is critical. A lot of us don’t know the different kinds of paints that are available in the market for our interior walls, let’s understand them a little bit more.
– Distemper Paints
These are the most cost-effective type of paint for the walls and a lot of people opt for this due to their budget constraints. It is a combination of ancient ingredients chalk, water, and lime. These can be directly applied to the cemented walls and doesn’t require any pre-preparation of the walls. However, these are prone to discoloration and marks very easily.
– Emulsion Paints
These paints have resin to them along with the pigment, solvent, and adhesive. They are durable and render a rich look to the house. Walls painted with emulsion paints can be easily wiped with a wet cloth to remove the stains and dust. They are slightly higher in price when compared to distemper, as the quality is superior.
– Enamel Paints
It is the most expensive kind of paint. They give a high gloss finish to the walls as it has the characteristic hard, glass finish. These paints are heat, dust, water-resistant, and are suitable only for the selected areas of your house, like the kitchen, balcony, and veranda.
With your enhanced knowledge of the paints and with help of a professional, you can fulfill your new year resolution of having your walls painted.