It is extremely baffling when your iPhone won’t connect to Netgear EX2700 extender’s WiFi network, especially if you don’t have an unlimited data plan on your smartphone. Being unable to connect to WiFi prevents you from performing things such as updating the iOS, streaming video and music, and downloading large files.
There are various reasons why you can’t connect your iPhone to Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender. All you have to do is diagnose the actual reason behind it and then fix that. We are here to help you diagnose and troubleshoot the iPhone not connecting to WiFi of Netgear EX2700 extender issue. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Why isn’t My iPhone Not Connecting to Netgear EX2700?
As soon as you connect your iPhone to Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender, it should be showing signals whenever you are in the range. For instance, when you enter your house, your iPhone automatically gets connected. But what if your iPhone won’t connect to WiFi? Well, one of the following reasons may be there:
- Faulty iOS update
- Incorrect setting changes
- There is an issue with your Netgear EX2700 range extender
- The antenna in your iPhone might be damaged
- Partial or incomplete Netgear EX2700 setup
- You are trying to connect to another WiFi network
Solutions to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to Netgear Extender
In most cases, you can fix your iPhone that is not connecting to your Netgear EX2700 extender after some simple troubleshooting steps. However, in other cases, more advanced troubleshooting may require. Have a look at the below-given fixes to get rid of the iPhone can’t connect to WiFi issue:
1. Ensure That WiFi is On – The first rule of technology is to verify the thing you are trying to fix is enabled. In this case, you need to enable WiFi on your iPhone.
2. Check If Airplane Mode in On – In the event that your iPhone is in Airplane mode, you won’t be able to access WiFi on it.
3. Connect to the Correct Network – Maybe your iPhone is connecting to another network rather than that of your Netgear extender. After the setup, the extender offers you a new, extended wireless network namely Netgear_ext. So, connect your iPhone to this network only instead of the earlier one.
4. Check for an iOS Update – On the off chance if there is an update available for your iPhone, install it immediately. This may fix the issue for you.
5. Restart Your iPhone – Power cycling or restarting your iPhone often fixes issues with it. So, try restarting your iPhone and see if it can now connect to your Netgear EX2700 extender.
6. Configure Your EX2700 Properly – Maybe the settings on your Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender are not configured properly due to which your iPhone is not able to connect to it. Therefore, access mywifiext local web page and make setting changes that match your iPhone configuration.
7. Update Your Extender’s Firmware – Outdated firmware is another reason why your iPhone is not connecting to Netgear EX2700 extender’s network. That’s why be sure that your extender is running on the most recent firmware version.
8. Disable Location Services – Your iPhone does a variety of helpful things behind the scenes. One such thing is using nearby WiFi networks to enhance the accuracy of location and mapping services. Although it is a great feature, yet it can stop your iPhone from connecting to Netgear EX2700 extender’s WiFi network.
These are the best solutions you can consider to fix the iPhone won’t connect to Netgear EX2700 extender’s WiFi network issue. In case one technique doesn’t help, you can opt for another but ensure to follow the procedure in the right way.