It’s no secret that innovation is the key to success in any industry. For organizations, this means staying on top of new developments and understanding how these innovations could impact their business. The most common way for companies to do this is by performing research themselves-digging deep into their own minds! This blog post will discuss Jobs-to-be-done Innovation: what it is, why it matters, and how you can start doing it today!
What it is:
- Jobs-to-be-done Innovation is the innovative process of understanding how a company should be doing their job. The process is based on examining the underlying motivation for buying a particular product and understanding why people purchase it. This job to be done is about discovering the goal that every customer wants to accomplish immediately after they make a purchase.
- Innovation is a term that often gets thrown around, but what does it mean? Just because someone has done something before doesn’t mean they’re innovative. Innovation means creating or developing new ideas and/or techniques. Having the courage to take risks and sometimes fail in order to reach success is what sets an innovator apart from the crowd.
- A lot of organizations think they can’t afford innovation-but innovation starts with the individual. Individuals should be encouraged to think independently and often times have the best ideas for innovation. When these individuals come together to create teams of innovators, they can take on all types of projects.
Why it matters:
- The world is constantly changing and innovation can be crucial to an organization’s success-both in the short and long term. One major way for businesses to keep up with change is by implementing Jobs-to-be-done Innovation. This type of innovation encourages people both inside and outside the company to think critically about their work. They’ll identify what people need and how the company can make it better for them, which means more customers!
- Every organization has a job to do, and understanding how their customers feel about the company’s product or service is key. Jobs-to-be-done Innovation helps organizations understand what motivates people to purchase their products. This innovative process can also help businesses identify new ways of doing things that will make them more successful.
- Jobs-to-be-Done Innovation is not only beneficial in terms of innovation but also collaboration across teams inside your organization. Jobs-to-be done encourages collaboration because everyone has an insight into the customer experience. This leads to new solutions and ideas that are often overlooked by traditional research methods of brainstorming or surveys.
How you can Start applying it today:
There is no easy way to do Jobs-to-be-done Innovation, but there are ways to make the whole process more efficient for your company. When people identify the jobs that need to be done and the customer’s journey, they can outline a process for making improvements.
This process will include tasks such as:
- Researching competitors
- Identifying customers’ needs in-depth (both current and future)
- Working closely with small groups
- Brain Storming
If you want your company to start Jobs-to-be-done Innovation, you’ll need to invest in both training and technology. Training may include workshops that show people the importance of Jobs-to-be done Innovation as well as how they can be a part of it themselves. Technology would help keep all information centralized for your company’s teams so there is easy access to anything related to
Jobs-to-be done Innovation is the innovative process of understanding how a company should be doing their job. The process is based on examining the underlying motivation for buying a particular product and understanding why people purchase it. This job to be done is about discovering the goal that every customer wants to accomplish immediately after they make a purchase. Innovation can often come from anywhere, but Jobs-to-be done innovation encourages an organization’s employees in both small groups and one on one conversations with customers or other experts in order to identify improvements as well as new ideas that may have been overlooked by traditional research methods such as brainstorming or surveys. If you want your business to start implementing jobs-to-be do innovation, invest time into training and technology.