Quran is renowned religious and spiritual writings of Islam and it has a very strong impact on Muslims’ lives and beliefs. It is the firm belief of Muslims that the Quran is verbally revealed by the angel Gabriel from Almighty Allah and the phrases written in this is a guide of divinity and help one on how one should be directed to life. It is the holy desire of every Muslim to memorize the Quran to communicate with Almighty Allah in the prayers which they perform 5 times a day. A number of Muslims find difficulties while memorizing this book and they become concerned that how to memorize the Quran?
Muslims believe that humanity is completely defined in this Holy book and it has divine guidance and direction about how to treat every aspect of life and living organisms. Holy Quran comprises 114 chapters, formally known as sura and every Surah is formed from various verses, popularly known as ayat. There are many translations of this book globally, but Quran is originally an Arabic language Book and if you are one of those who wish to memorize it, here are various tips and suggestions for your ultimate guide to memorizing Quran in classic “Fusha Arabic”.
A Helpful Method from Medina – The City of Holy Prophet (PBUH)
Dr Abdul Muhsin Al Qasim, the Imam and Khatib the Prophet Mosque— Masjid al-Nabawiyy, has described very phenomenal methods to consider while learning and memorizing the Holy Quran. Undoubtedly, this method is quite exceptionally good to magnify the strength of Quran memorization and its solidity (deep-rootedness). This method will help you get the utmost speed of memorizing and completing the Quran. In case you love to memorize Quran, you MUST try this.
Let’s assume any Surah of the Quran to Memorize. Please consider the following strategy
- Read verse no. 1 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 2 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 3 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 4 of that Surah twenty times
- Repeat step no. 1-4 altogether, to link all verses simultaneously, 20 times.
- Read verse no. 5 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 6 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 7 of that Surah twenty times
- Read verse no. 8 of that Surah twenty times
- Read from verse no. 5-8, 20 times to consolidate them.
- Read from the first verse to the eighth verse 20 times to excellently dip into the first page.
Make sure to continue much likely for every page of the Surah of Quran. Stick firmly to this strategy and this will make you remember the Quran with amazing speed and mental strength. As you know, in every aspect, the more you give it, the better you get, but the excess of everything leads to disasters. You must not cross the limit of memorizing the Quran unless you become very proficient gradually with the passage of time otherwise it will cause your mental health and you will start forgetting the previous Sura’s while memorizing ahead. You must focus on your daily limit and should not exceed your daily portion above and beyond one-eighth of a chapter.
Ahmad and Abu Dawud narrated from Aws b. Hudhayfa, may Allah be well pleased with him, who said: ‘We came to the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, as part of the delegation of Thaqif.’ He said: ‘The Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, would come to us every night after ‘isha and speak to us.’ He said: ‘One night he was late from (coming to see us at) the time he would come to us.’ We said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, you have come to us late tonight.’ He said: ‘I had my portion of the Qur’an to read and I did not want to come until I had finished it.’
Some Major Rules to Follow While Memorizing the Quran
- It is very essential to choose a proficient and qualified “Fusha Arabic” teacher to rectify and manage your memorization. The teacher will help you learn and memorize the Quran with correct recitation.
- You must try to memorize two (sides of a) pages of the Quran every day, one after Fajr Prayer and one after Asr or Maghrib Prayer. Following this method, it is a very high opportunity to memorize the Quran in one calendar year.
- You should start memorizing the Quran from the last Surah (Surah Naas) to the first one (Surah Fatiha). It is easier to memorize in this way, and after your memorization of the Qur’an, your continuous revision should be from Surah Baqarah to Sura Naas.
- You should have one personal printed copy of the Quran while memorizing it. It helps you stick with your personally evaluated strategy of memorization and the quickness of remembering the places of the verses and the ending of pages.
- You must need to revise the Quran regularly to avoid losing your memorization. This is considered very is Islam to memorize the Quran once and then forgetting due to laziness of revision. And this becomes very difficult with trials because Shaytan tries his best to discourage you from memorizing the Qur’an. SO, Never turn down and continue memorizing because it is a treasure not given to just anyone.
To learn and memorize the Quran with utmost desire, it needs collective efforts of learners, their family members and their teacher. If a child has the desire to “How to memorize the Quran?” The parents must need to find a perfect teacher for that individual. Moreover, the parents should also regulate and investigate the daily studies of their children. In this modern era, a number of online “Fusha Arabic” teachers are available to let the lads learn and memorize Quran with efficiency. May Allah bless you and everyone around with this great bounty and may the light of the Qur’an illuminate your path always.