Skin pigmentation is a prevalent and most common concern amongst these generations. This condition may occur in both males & females wherein the skin becomes darker and tanned, often in patches giving rise to an uneven skin tone.
The main reason behind the skin pigmentation or dark patches is the excessive production of a brown pigment known as melanin. It is the pigment that is liable for your skin color and is developed by special cells known as melanocytes in the skin. When these cells leave blemishes and become damaged or unhealthy, an imbalance in melanin’s creation and output occurs. In such cases, when these cells begin to create too much melanin, you experience dark spots or patches.
Usually, women start the problems related to pigmentation during pregnancy or at menopausal age. However, more and more cases associated with skin pigmentation are highlighting and coming up these days. This pigmentation can be due to various reasons, including hormonal changes, sun exposure, hereditary, or might be due to a specific intake of medications. Sometimes pigmentation may be so acute and severe that people do not find it easy to attend social gatherings; it may be so depressing that it starts interfering with their day to day activities. This will affect both men and women. They need to check with a good skin clinic like cliniccleo.com.
But there are also issues related to age; in such cases, pigmentation comes in the form of freckles (age spots) common in fair or white-skinned people. When there is an excessive amount of pigment deposition over the face, it is known as melasma, and it is the most persistent type of pigmentation.
Therefore, it is recommendable to consult a qualified dermatologist in HSR Layout if someone is experiencing skin pigmentation issues. Different skin pigmentation types include age spots or liver spots, melasma, freckles, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
To give you the perfect and right assistance to reduce the appearance of dark spots on the skin, a renowned dermatologist in HSR Layout has shared some of the most powerful tips and home cures that you may follow. Let’s check out some of the natural ways to treat your skin pigmentation. The list may include:
- Start putting on some sunscreen daily at least 15-20 minutes before moving out in the sun as it requires some time to get absorbed in the skin.
- Reput sunscreen every after every 4 hours or use physical sunscreen to safeguard more and for a long duration. This is the most critical step towards preventing and curing skin pigmentation.
- You can use cider vinegar containing polyphenolic mixtures that are advantageous in controlling pigmentation. One can put it on an everyday basis.
- Take some oral supplements that include Vitamin C or glutathione, as these supplements can improve and enhance the skin’s resilience to the sun’s UV rays.
- Potatoes are quite famous and known for their anti-pigmentation properties. Hence they will indeed occur to work quite well on pigmented spots and blemishes. All you must do is cut a potato into half and dip the sliced segment into the water. Then rub that potato slice on your affected spot in a circular motion for about 10 minutes. After that, you can wash off the face with lukewarm water. Do repeat this process twice or thrice in a week to get completely clean and clear skin, removing all dark spots or patches.
- You can also apply black tea water on the skin having dark spots or patches. For that, soak a cotton ball in black tea water and put it on the pigmented skin at least twice every day.
- Dried skin of red onions helps diminish skin pigmentation and dark spots. Therefore, seek products that comprise the extract of red onion and put them on your skin.
- Lastly, the expert dermatologist in HSR Layout specifies the most significant thing to obstruct pigmentation is to regularly put it on sunscreen. It must be with a minimum SPF 30. Also, reapply it if you are moving out in the sun for more than 4 hrs. Considering this, the most crucial thing to remember here is the selection of sunscreen. It is essential because it must have a broad spectrum that prevents UV A and UV B rays.
This list may go on, but these are some of the treatments you may do on your own at home. Despite this, if you are not satisfied with the results, it is recommendable to visit and consult a dermatologist in HSR Layout. You can even do this online or offline.