If you are going to you choose a PCB manufacturer, know that making this decision can be more difficult and overwhelming than you may think. However, we can help you to make things a bit easier for you. By following the guidelines given below, you can choose the right manufacturer.
- 1 Guidelines to Choose The Right PCB Manufacturer
- 2 What is the Business Experience of the Manufacturer?
- 3 Are they Certified?
- 4 What makes them Different from their Competitors?
- 5 What is there Delivery Time on Average?
- 6 Find out if they are a Broker or Manufacturer?
- 7 How Many Clients do they have on their list of Clients?
Guidelines to Choose The Right PCB Manufacturer
First of all, make sure you do your homework. For this, you should find out the following details about your desired manufacturer.
- What is the business experience of the manufacturer?
- Are they certified?
- What makes them different from their competitors?
- What is there delivery time on average?
- Find out if they are a broker or manufacturer?
- How many clients do they have on their list of clients?
Generally, people use these methods to do their homework:
- People read reviews online
- They meet manufacturers in person and ask questions
- They check out the websites of the manufacturers
Now, let us go into the details.
What is the Business Experience of the Manufacturer?
If the manufacturer has years of experience, they are in a better position to guide their customers. Therefore, you can make a better decision.
Since these manufacturers care about their brand and reputation, they are less likely to make mistakes. In addition, they understand how important quality and deadlines are.
Are they Certified?
Some of the common certifications of PCB manufacturers are given below:
Ideally, you may want to go with the manufacturer who is quality compliant. For instance, some manufacturers ensure high-quality control process that involves 20 steps.
What makes them Different from their Competitors?
Make sure that the manufacturer you choose offers something that makes them different from their competitors. In other words, you may want to to stay away from “Me Too” type of manufacturers.
What is there Delivery Time on Average?
For example, good manufacturers have consistent delivery times. They respect deadlines and prevent delivery delays. So, don’t go with a manufacturer who is known to you miss deadlines.
Find out if they are a Broker or Manufacturer?
You can easily find out if they are a broker or manufacturer. To find out, you can ask questions regarding their process of making PCBs. If they are a manufacturer, they will describe their processing and inspection process.
On the other hand, if they are a broker, they will give vague answers to your questions.
How Many Clients do they have on their list of Clients?
Lastly, you can ask questions about their client list. Genuine manufacturers don’t hesitate and provide you with the contact details of their existing and old clients.
However, if they say that their list of clients is confidential, know that something is fishy. In this case, it is better that you look for a different manufacturer.