Figuring out how to be interesting is a fundamental social skill that most of us struggle with. What many don’t understand is that it is a skill you can learn.
You wouldn’t be surprised to know that the most exciting individuals sharpen their creative side of personality. It all comes down to learning from the right sources.
If you want to become a fun person, we highly recommend checking out Witty Companion – a self-improvement blog dedicated to making you the most fun version of yourself.
Now let’s dive into some of the tips that can help you be a fun person.
Tip #1 – Build Your Charisma
People who we consider fun are, more often than not, very charismatic individuals. They have that special aura around them that drags you in and makes you want to hang out with them.
While it’s easier said than done, you have to develop charisma if you want to become a more interesting, fun-to-be-around person.
Here are a few quick tips that you can use to improve this area of your personality:
- Watch charismatic people and learn from their behavior. Whether they are your favorite actors or socially skilled friends, learning by example is a great way to develop charisma.
- Become more open to interactions with other people. Look at the people around you with a smile on your face and be approachable.
- Master first impressions. They are extremely important, and they can make or break your relationships with people.
- Pay attention to your body language. There are many nonverbal cues that you should focus on if you want to radiate confidence. To name a few – your posture, eye contact, the way you walk. It’s a lot to cover, but you have to start somewhere.
Tip #2 – Work on Your Storytelling
Fun people have great stories to tell. Most of the time, we enjoy their company exactly because of the funny bits and anecdotes they always have ready in their repertoire.
The first important thing is that you have to lead an interesting life if you ever plan on having captivating stories to tell. Pick up some new hobbies, travel if you enjoy traveling, meet interesting people, and get yourself in some memorable situations.
Once interesting things start happening to you, you should focus on learning how to tell a great story.
How should you approach learning storytelling?
Here are a few quick tips that will help you to tell a great story:
- Learn to structure your story properly. If you jump around all the time and tell a little bit from the beginning, a little from the middle, and then mess up the ending, your story will sound awful.
- Allow people to ask questions and give them honest answers as you go along. It only means that they are invested in the story and want to find out more about it!
- Talk about the things people want to hear. It may sound like a no-brainer, but it is true. Very few people want to hear about you brushing your teeth this morning. Talk about interesting, engaging topics that people can connect with.
Tip #3 – Develop Your Sense of Humor
Fun people also have a great sense of humor. Who would have guessed it, right?
It’s not just about telling jokes. It’s about being witty, understanding the vibe of the group you are in, adding interesting remarks to otherwise boring conversations, and so much more.
Spend time learning about humor, and you will slowly start to see improvements in yourself. People will notice that something is different about you.
However, the key is not to read a lot of books about humor. That’s not how it works. You should, once again, learn by example while having fun:
- Watch funny TV shows and comedies. Whether you enjoy sitcoms or even something like Charlie Chaplin movies, find your thing and enjoy learning through it.
- Find your favorite stand-up comedian. To do this, you will have to watch a lot of them, which means that you will have an opportunity to see how the funniest people in the world do it.
- Spend time with funny people. We are sure that you have that funny friend who makes you laugh every time. Try to understand how they do it, and attempt to incorporate some of their habits into your behavior.
These were the quick three tips that can help you be more fun as a person – improving your charisma, storytelling, and humor.
We all have unique personalities. We just need to work on letting them shine and make sure that we present ourselves in the best light at all times.