A personal injury lawyer can help the victims of reckless driving to ensure they are heard and get justice. If you have been in such an accident, keep on reading to get aware of your rights.
What Exactly Is Head-On Collision?
It is the collision of two cars head-on. The injuries and damage in these types of accidents are severe and fatal, which requires one of the best injury lawyers.
Are there any legal issues in these cases?
Yes, head-on collision car accidents can have some legal issues. In some cases, the driver at fault may deny accepting the responsibility or, the insurance company might try to downplay the accident and injury severity. That is why you will need the help of a professional attorney to make sure you get justice.
The Causes of the Accident
These crashes can occur due to several reasons, but the partial list of the most common reasons comprises of:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted driving (like texting while driving)
- Over speeding
Every accident is unique, so it is better to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible for their guidance on the case.
These accidents could result in severe injuries or even fatality. Few of the common injuries that the victims can face are:
- Head injuries (Concussions)
- Neck injuries (including whiplash)
- Injuries on the spinal cord (like paralysis)
The seriousness of these injuries requires the victim to seek immediate medical attention. Also, contact an attorney to get your basic rights.
What Are the Rights Provided To Victims In This Accident?
For the person who has suffered from the head-on collision, the state of Texas provides them the following rights that they can avail of with the help of personal injury lawyer services:
- You can seek out financial compensation. It can include medical bills, therapy, accident-related expense, and loss of income (if any).
- You can also submit a case for a claim to your insurance company. Hiring an attorney is compulsory in this case, or you might not get full compensation for your accident. You can take the help of the personal injury lawyersfrom the company He’s my Lawyer. They are working in this field for over 30-years now.
- In some cases, you can also ask for compensation for the repair or property replacement costs.
How Lawyers Help You?
In the cases of a head-on collision, there is a high chance that the opposing party will deny taking responsibility for their actions. In some instances, the insurance company can also create issues in giving you deserving compensation. It is the situation where an attorney can help you to get justice.
The personal injury lawyer at first examines the extensiveness of the injury after the traumatic accident and then guides you with the compensation you deserve. They can also help settle with the opposing party in the form of financial compensation. If the other person does not agree to settle they will fight the case for you to ensure you get justice.
When can you file for the head-on collision case?
The Texas Civil Practice & Remedies states the deadline for filing the case for a head-on collision accident is two years from the date that accident happened.
So if you are involved in a head-on collision accident, contact an attorney now to get compensation for your or your loved ones’ injuries. As the filing process can be long and complicated, the personal injury law firm or an attorney will guide you in pursuing your claim against the at-fault person.