Facial care is the topic of discussion at all times. It describes a lot about one’s attitude and personality to the world. A glowing clear skin is the result of healthy body metabolism and right feed of vitamins to the skin. The skin as we know is an interlocked structure of layers, of the epithelial cells. A particular vitamin called Vitamin C is required to balance the body metabolism and waste clearing through good circulation. The vitamin c serum at home delivers this objective, through its external application onto facial skin.
Many cosmetics blend with this vitamin, in coordination with the other nutrients, emollients and humectants in moisturizers, face washes etc for multiple benefits. The wrinkles, fine lines and sagging of skin layers is slowed down, and the weak skin cells are revived by this serum, to reverse the effects of aging. Aging is a natural process but, the sedentary life popular these days has its toll on your skin, by bringing its features prematurely. So, in order to slow it down and postpone it, the Vitamin C serum is the first choice of dermatologists and skin specialists.
The Vitals of Vitamin C Serum
The vitamin C serum is also known as ascorbic acid. It is acidic in nature with its pH below 7. To be precise, it’s pH ranges between 3.5-4. in several serum packages. This pH being acidic, grants advantages to the serum function. It helps it to sink into the skin layers, and deliver the antioxidants correctly to
- Slows down the aging process
- Boost the skin metabolism
- Clear out the clutter of waste eventually- dirt, pollutants, sebum clogged pores, inhibiting the bacterial growth (staphylococci) and acne producing agents.
- Prevents dark spots and uses its active molecules to combat pigmentation or excess production of melanin. A bright and clear skin is the outcome.
That being the perks of using the Vitamin C serum at home; the different skin types should look for other complementing ingredients within it. The dry skin types must cater for moisturizing agents along with vitamin C, through checking in the product description. And the oily skin types can look for ‘ascorbic acid’, instead of ‘ascorbic palmitate’ which is oil soluble described or searched online or in the product description.
The serums come with the product descriptions for you to understand the contents you are about to carry home. Check out the suitability of the vitamin C serum to that of your skin type, and then proceed to the checkout counter with a specific one for the optimal result.
Steps to Apply Vitamin C Serum
It is not a single use and behold miracle! product. It takes a week, to a few weeks on regular application; on a daily basis for the proper results to appear. Here is a handy guide to observe the serum application in a fruitful manner.
- The serum in the first usage must be tested on the back of your wrist. The spot where your pulse is felt on the hand. The skin is very delicate there, and rightly tells you on applying a drop of serum over it, whether it appreciates or reacts to the serum. Wait for a few hours. If you have no irritation, redness or any kind of uneasiness in that region, then go for the next step.
- Wash your face with appropriate skin care products, such as face masks or face washes. It is ideal to do this at night before you go to sleep and dream of a glowing facial skin. The night hours allow the serum to work in your skin while you relax peacefully. That is a win-win situation for you and your Vitamin serum at home.
- Take a few drops of the serum on your palm and gently dab it to your face with a finger. It is preferable not to rub it in your skin. A gentle sweeping action of the finger is just enough. The serum is very light in composition thus, helping it to merge with the skin surface, genially.
It is very urgent to note that, after washing your skin, the serum must be applied after patting it dry. No other cosmetic except the serum should be used next. Moisturizing lotions and creams before the serum application, is a total waste of your products and a failure of the aim to get that glowing young and clear facial skin. Use the serum at nights and a single bottle lasts for at least a month. These are loaded with nourishing agents for your skin, so care must be taken by not overdoing it.