You, or a loved one, suffered injuries because of someone’s reckless driving. Like a majority of states, you can file for a compensation claim for your injuries, damages, and other losses in Nevada. The first step to follow after an accident is to get medical help. Call 9-1-1 right away and ensure that you have received immediate assistance. If you are physically okay, try and take pictures of the accident site and take details of witnesses, other drivers, and people at the site. Next, call an experienced lawyer. Select law firms, such as Naqvi Accident Injury Law, specialize in personal injury claims and lawsuits, and they can guide you through the process. Here is a quick guide on how to select the right personal injury lawyer.
- Ask for a free consultation. Most lawyers dealing with personal injury claims offer the first consultation for free and without any obligation. This gives you a really open window to discuss all aspects. You can expect them to answer your questions and offer a fair idea of what to expect from the personal injury claim.
- Comfort is key. This may not look like an important factor, but definitely needs your attention. You would want to be as comfortable with a personal injury lawyer as possible. Nevada follows the comparative fault rule, which means if you had a part share in the accident, your compensation will reduce by that much percentage. To be fair and transparent with your lawyer is important.
- Experience matters. Not all lawyers deal with personal injury and car accident claims, so you have to consider someone who has worked on cases similar to yours. Don’t shy away from asking questions related to their top cases, the best settlements they have won so far and other details.
- Cost. When it comes to personal injury lawsuits, most lawyers will be happy to take it on a contingency basis. This means that you may be the lawyer only if they win a settlement for you. However, there could be other costs involved, and you have to make sure that you don’t take the overall expense of the lawsuit for granted.
- Availability. Is the lawyer available to take your case personally? That’s a valid question. As a client, you need to know who is fighting your case and if they are going to be around to take your questions.
Check these basic things to find the best personal injury lawyer right after your accident.