Energy is very vital to any industrial layout hence must be fully conserved. The best way to achieve this to devise the use of equipment that is efficient and economical in energy consumption. Compressor price in Kenya should leave you with no doubt as it best achieves this dream.
How do compressors work?
This device sucks in air from the environment into a container. It then decreases its volume by use of a piston and hence gives it high pressure. This pressurized gas is then stored in the tank for later application.
The parts that work to achieve this include the suction valve, crankshaft, delivery valves, main bearings, and cylinder head. These are common in many compressors in the Kenyan market, and an example is illustrated below,
The common types of compressors
Different applications require varying pressure handling capacities. This in turn calls for appropriate design features to meet the standard requirements. Some try types of air compressors you will meet are:
1. Centrifugal compressors – they use a diffuser for air pressure building. Are normally used to channel refrigerants in large volumes.
2. Rotary screw – two helical screws, rotor, turn, and meshes in different directions to deliver compressed air. They are applied in large industrial set-ups that rely on high air pressures.
3. Reciprocating compressors- are also called piston compressors. Are mainly used in applications that rely on pressurized air at increased velocities.
4. Axial compressors – this delivers pressurized air in a continuous chain. They are designed for large gas turbines i.e. planes or ships.
The four compressor types discussed above are mainly classified into two groups, positive displacement, and dynamic compressors. The main difference between the two is that positive displacement operates under constant airflow while the dynamic type is turbo run.
Applications of compressors in Kenya
1. Are used in production/ manufacturing lines as an aid to preservatives. Such operations are beverage and food packaging.
2. In the automotive industry – air brakes are used in heavy trucks. Besides, compressed air is used in tire inflation, engine cooling and, airbags for cruise protection.
3. In agriculture – for pumps, tractors, and sprayers.
Other key applications are in air conditioning, dry cleaning, and spray painting.
Benefits of compressors
This equipment is economical since it uses air, which is readily available in the atmosphere, as the raw material. It also elevated the productivity rate through its high power output and reliability. Besides, it is simple to handle and maintain eliminating high skilled personnel.
Important considerations for compressor prices in Kenya
Here are a few things you must never ignore when purchasing a compressor for your duty:
- Tank size – this defines the holding capacity of the storage tank. Some compressors work one way i.e. compression and delivery are in different phases, while others can operate continually with both processes. The tank size will help you gauge your work capacity within a period.
- Pressure rating – this is the maximum pressure in PSI that the compressor can deliver.
- Horsepower rating – defines the amount of torque run by the created pressure.
- Life expectancy – this is the service life of the compressor when functioning optimally.