Do you know buying generic medicine in India is better than buying branded drugs? Do you know the reason? We will tell you.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), generic medicine is a drug created to be the same as an existing approved brand-name drug in dosage form, safety, strength, route of administration, quality, and performance characteristics.
Generic medicines in India are approved by The Central Drug Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and have:
- The same active ingredient as the brand-name drug.
- The same strength, use indications, form(injections & tablets), and route of administration(oral or topical).
- Made under the same strict standards as the brand name medicine.
- The same label as the brand-name medicine’s label.
- Been sold only after patent approval.
Some examples of generic medicine in India and their brand-name drugs:
- Medicine lorazepam is used for treating anxiety and sleeping disorders and is a generic name for Ativan.
- Metformin is a medicine used to lower the blood sugar level in the body and is a generic name for Glucophage.
- Paracetamol is a generic medicine, even sold under the brand name Crocin and is used as an analgesic and antipyretic.
- The medicine for menstrual pain is mefenamic acid, whereas the brand name for the same drug is Meftal-p.
Many medicine delivery apps sell branded drugs instead of generic medicine in India because of the high profit. The profits of medicine delivery apps are extra money paid by the customers that turn out to be a burden.
Among medicine delivery apps in India, one app made for the profit of customers is Truemeds. Truemeds is one of the few apps that sell generic medicines in India safely and authorized. It provides a reliable healthcare destination to its customers.
All generic medicines sold by Truemeds are CDSCO approved and are certified by Truemeds certified doctors with years of experience. Truemeds helps in saving up to 72% on every generic medicine in India offered. The app supplies the best generic medicines in India from the top 30 Indian medicine makers
Generic medicine in India is sold by Truemeds because:
- Generic medicine in India costs 85% less than the branded medicine. Generic medicine in India costs less because it does not have to repeat animal and clinical studies required by the branded medicines to prove effectiveness and safety.
- Branded drugs are marketed well on the television or online medicine selling apps, which require a good amount of money. To compensate for the money, manufacturers sell brand-name drugs a little expensive.
- A specific brand of medicine can be difficult to find, but not its equivalent generic medicine. You do not need to search far to buy an alternative to the branded medicine.
If you live in India and are thinking of buying medicines that don’t harm your pockets, buy generic medicine in India from Truemeds!