Not being able to access the mywifiext.net web page is one of the most common issues that users face with their Netgear extender. Have you been facing the same issue? Well, if you are, then worry not because we’ve got your back. We know exactly how to fix this issue.
But, before we help you troubleshoot the mywifiext.net not working issue, let’s first make you aware of the reasons causing it.
- You haven’t updated your extender
- The web address you used is incorrect
- There’s interference in the WiFi signals of your device
- Improper hardware configuration
- Your wired connections are loose
Now, you are ready to learn how to troubleshoot the mywifiext.net not working issue.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
- Update the Firmware
Updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender is pretty important when it comes to the proper functioning of your device. And if you forget to update your extender even once, it can cause issues that you never wanted in the first place. Thus, ensure that you keep the firmware of your extender updated before accessing the mywifiext.net setup wizard:
- Switch on your laptop and open a web browser.
- Log into your Netgear extender by using the mywifiext login details.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Firmware Update option.
- Use the Correct Web Address
Another reason why you aren’t able to access the mywifiext.net web page is because you’ve used the wrong web address. Therefore, make sure that you’re using the right web address while trying to log into your device.
Avoid typos while typing the default web address of your Netgear WiFi extender. In case doing that doesn’t work for you, then you should make use of the default IP to log into your range extender.
Still no luck? In that case, we recommend you to get in touch with our highly qualified technicians. Hopefully, they will be able to provide the step-by-step guidelines to troubleshoot the issue at hand.
- Power-Cycle the Extender
Usually, users prefer restarting their devices whenever they get stuck with a technical issue. Perhaps, you should try restarting your device too. Who knows, it might help! Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to power-cycle your device:
- Switch off your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Drag the power cable out of the wall socket.
- Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your extender.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug the extender back into the socket.
- Power on your device and wait for the LED light to become green.
- Reset the Netgear Extender
Another thing that you can do in order to fix the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue is resetting your WiFi range extender.
Caution: Resetting your extender will restore it to its factory default settings. This means that every change that you’ve made to your Netgear extender till now will get erased.
After being aware of this, if you still want to restore your Netgear WiFi range extender to its factory default settings, here the steps to follow:
- Firstly, ensure that your Netgear extender is well connected to the router.
- Then, locate the small Reset button at the bottom of your WiFi device.
- Take a sharp object and press the Reset button carefully.
- Within a few seconds, your device will get restored to its default mode.
- Contact Our Experts
After following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article, if you aren’t able to access the mywifiext.net web page, then maybe it’s high time that you consider getting in touch with us. Our highly experienced experts are available 24/7 to assist you.