Currently, big data and digital marketing are dominating over data governance [DG]. It doesn’t mean you cannot sell DG software to businesses. The thing you need is a solid selling strategy to sell any product on the internet even data governance.
Software developing firms need to consider having their sales team trained in the effective selling of DG software to businesses. For selling data governance software training, interested people and software developers can approach reliable and experienced Data Management Education, an online center. It will help software sales staff to enhance their closure rates as well as per sales revenue.
Major things sales personnel need to consider while selling software
- Understand customer’s motivation and needs. Get familiar with their pain points as well as things they are excited or afraid about. Identify how your product or service will resolve their issues or reduce their fear.
- Discuss product value with the customer confidently. How it will help to reduce the issue and make life easy? How it can increase their earning potential?
- In this digital era, expectations of instant gratification, single-click purchase, short attention span, and user-friendly technology [fast, smooth, and uncomplicated]. So, design the product page easy to understand as well as purchase.
- Maintain product quality and resolve their queries as soon as possible. Satisfied customers share their great experiences online and offline with friends and co-workers. Thus, your brand gains more exposure and potential customers.
How to make companies buy data governance software?
Here are some suggestions to overcome the struggle of making stakeholders buy-in.
- Stick to ideas directly influencing your corporate strategy. Grab the attention of senior stakeholders and explain how DG is essential to help them attain their corporate goals.
- Stakeholders are clever and will only approve to invest if you explain the in-built benefits clearly.
- Rather than pitching generic benefits respond to them with specific benefits. Demonstrate using a real-life example on how your software will offer an edge over your competition.
- Even discuss how the DG software can bring unique insight from your customer data.
Here are some risk points to understand of ignoring data governance programs. Acknowledge them with your listeners during a presentation.
- Data compilation inaccuracy
- Data corruption & inconsistency
- Data records duplication
- Data transfer error across the systems
- Complex integration efforts
- Incorrect categorizations across different departments
Give details on how these risks can outflow in their company. After discussing how to mitigate these risks, explicate how your data governance solution can resolve these issues. It will bring positive vibes among the listeners.
Significance of perception
Use simple language, when you discuss DG software and its impressive features. The majority of listeners are unaware of the technical jargon, so they will be unable to understand it clearly. Use language everyone understands and use examples that associate with their niche. You can make an optimistic impression.
New data governance initiatives pop up on the internet. Nevertheless, to gain a competitive edge every sales person has to stay updated with surging demand. Staying updated, helps to develop your skills even more. Enrolling in the course teaches DG sales personnel the most efficient sales technique to sell the B2B data governance program.