Homemade pistachio butter is considered one of the healthiest butter recipes you can prepare your kids and guests are going to love. Although pistachio is one of those nuts that are more expensive as compared to other nuts, it is worth the investment due to its delicious flavor and high nutritional content. Moreover, this yummilicious recipe is low in calories and fat and high in protein. Furthermore, you can experiment with the basic pistachio nut butter recipe and combine it with other ingredients to spice it up and enhance its flavors. For additional ingredients, try using ground cinnamon, vanilla bean paste, ground cardamom, orange zest, or even melted dark chocolate. Buy pistachio butter online or dive deeper and check out the basic pistachio nut butter recipe:
- Shelled raw pistachio: 2 cups
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ⅓ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and spread the pistachios on a baking sheet.
- Roast the pistachios in the preheated 350 Fahrenheit oven for at least 5 minutes.
- Take out the baking sheet from the oven and gently flip the nuts over to roast them for another 2 minutes. After taking out the nuts from the oven, they should look bit wet and aromatic.
- Transfer the roasted pistachios to the food processor and process for at least 10 minutes.
- Now add sugar, honey, coconut oil, and salt to the food processor and blend for another couple of seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Let the pistachios nut butter cool down before storing it in the refrigerator.
- Add the butter to an airtight container and store it for at least a month in the refrigerator.
- It is entirely optional to roast the pistachios, and the butter can also be made with raw pistachios nuts.
- If you are going to add extra salt and sugar to the mixture, it is better to use unsalted pistachios for convenience and nutrition.
- Furthermore, it is good to keep the brownish-red skins of pistachios intact to make the most of the nut nutritionally. However, if you wish to get the greener-hued pistachio butter, rub them gently between paper towels to remove the skins after blanching the nuts.
Why is pistachio nut butter gaining immense popularity?
Most nuts or dry fruits contain large amounts of protein relative to their size. One ounce of pistachios contains 6 grams of protein which is further broken down by your body to make amino acids that are used for tissue repair. Moreover, consuming protein-rich food like pistachio nut butter as an alternative to peanut butter with your meals helps you feel satiated, reducing your cravings for unhealthy foods.
If you are wondering where to buy the pistachio butter, get in touch with seedandshell.com/ to explore its unparalleled variety.