Field day events are people magnets. They draw large, diverse crowds of people brimming with energy. Visitors typically take their time to look around and appreciate the festive vibes that surround them, whereas marketers use these field day events as excellent branding avenues. The best way to capture the attention of the crowd is through a vibrantly printed marquee.
When done right, field day events offer exciting new opportunities to introduce more people to your business. You can reach out into the community and showcase how your brand is helping create an impact in your neighbourhood. You can also use a custom marquee to promote your sponsors, represent your club or raise brand awareness. Branded marquees make a bold, professional statement and drive business.
Whether you want to sell a product or find like-minded entrepreneurs, field day marquees are a wise investment. All you need to do is let your imagination run wild and devise a well thought-out promotional strategy.
Marquee purchase – Things to look for
Field day events are typically organised outdoors. Therefore, the marquee that you purchase should factor in the weather and comfort of your visitors and team.
- Make sure that your custom marquee is waterproof and UV-resistant. You never know when the weather will take a turn for the worse, and a weatherproof marquee is the only way to go. Buy marquees from reputed sellers with premium products and extended warranties. All Extreme Marquees are waterproof, UV-resistant and flame-retardant and come with a manufacturer’s warranty on the frame and fabric for up to 5 years.
- Go for a portable and easy to install marquee. You want a foldable and lightweight canopy that can be easily carried to and from the setup location, so that you don’t have to worry about logistics at all.
- Pay attention to the materials used to make the canopy of your marquee. The fabric should be resilient enough to withstand a gentle breeze and a light drizzle. This will allow you to carry on with your event even if it starts raining or becomes windy all of a sudden.
- It is always a good idea to buy a marquee that comes with extra features such as loops and space to add promotional banners and valances. This way, you can add more zing to your promotional campaign at no extra cost.
Custom printed marquees – Ensure all information is present on the canopy
This is an extremely important step to ensure that that the marquee is printed properly. Unfortunately, many business owners often leave printing in the hands of their vendors. The outcome is an inadequately printed marquee that doesn’t add any value to your promotional efforts.
You must be thoroughly involved in the printing process from the beginning. Ask your vendor what kind of printing they will do on your marquee and the kind of fabric and inks they will use to embellish the fabric. Make sure that the final printable file is shared with you before it goes into printing. Double-check for spellings, sentence coherence, the accuracy of your social media handles and sharpness of the images (if any).
Reputed vendors like Extreme Marquees will not leave any room for errors. For instance, we will never proceed to the printing stage if you have not provided to us your written approval of the final artwork version. In several cases, our designers are also happy to provide a no-obligation 3D mock-up, to give you a look and feel of what to expect from your printed marquee.
Some pointers to ensure optimal printing of your marquee:
- The logo should be placed prominently on the roof.
- The company name should be placed in the valance panel so that when visitors are walking past, the business name is visibly prominent.
- Use the back and the side portion of your marquee to showcase your brand. Highlight deals and discounts, add beautiful, compelling pictures and add a persuasive copy to convince people into buying your products.
- The sides of your printed marquee are detachable so that you can customise your signage to reuse your marquee for different kinds of events.
Ask your vendor about promotional attachments such as flag and feather banners, billboards and printed table covers to add that extra WOW factor to your booth.
Keep customers engaged – Top off your campaign with engaging activities
Now that your booth is ready, it’s time to take the campaign to the next level. When your marquee convinces people to approach your booth and interact with you, it’s imperative to keep them engaged. You should plan out a few different activities so that visitors can have an enjoyable time inside your booth.
For instance, you can create a selfie kiosk and give people freebies for taking a selfie in front of your banner, uploading it with the event hashtag and tagging your brand on their social media. You can also have a lucky draw competition to announce surprise winners. There are a tonne of different activities that you can implement. Simply research on the web or come up with your own creative ideas.
Remember me – Give visitors something to remember you by
Post-event promotion is as important as on-ground promotions. How will visitors remember you after the event has finished? Offer affordable souvenirs such as bags, sunglasses, pens, cups or hats and print them with your brand logo. You can even add QR codes that redirect people to a limited time deal page on your website or through your app. This way, visitors will remember you after the event has concluded and you might end up converting some of them into paying customers.
A custom marquee is a versatile marketing and branding tool. With the right strategy in place, you can elevate your field day display setup to become the focal point of the event.