Different people use different commuting devices for the purpose of travel. Hoverboards, skateboards, stunt scooters, and electric bicycles are some common devices that are used to cover short distances in an easy way. Also, these devices have gained popularity because they are environmentally friendly devices. Usually, these devices are operated with the help of an electric battery that is rechargeable. As I have mentioned a long list of devices. But, in this guide, we will specifically compare hoverboards vs electric scooter. We will try to discuss their pros and cons and you can select a good device after reading this guide. You can read a complete guide to the best hoverboards by ecohoverboards.com too. Anyway, let’s discuss our comparison and discuss some important points.
You can simply call them a commuting device and that is the simplest definition for them. Basically, they are two-wheel commute device that is used for the purpose of transportation and fun at the same time. Most of the time I have seen that people use it for the purpose of fun, time pass and showing some sports skill. While other people also use it as the purpose of transportation. In the next section, let’s have a look at their pros and cons.
- They are economical in price and even you can buy beginner level hoverboards for $150-100 USD as well.
- There are a variety of hover board brands that are available in the market. So, you can a huge variety and choice.
- They are travel devices that are very safe for our nature as they don’t require any fuel.
- Sometimes they are dangerous to ride as it has no specific handle
- A professional hoverboard may cost you above 500 USD
- Not recommended to drive in heavy rain
About Electric Scooters:
Electric scooters are very similar to electric bikes in shapes that have two wheels and have a handle as well. It’s also a rechargeable device that is also used by women frequently too. If you will compare them with other commute devices, they are a bit expensive as their price range usually starts from 500 USD. In the areas with huge traffic, they are considered a blessing because they can be driven in a small space. Now, let’s see its pros and cons as well.
- They are easy and safe to ride as compared to the other counterparts
- Can be used by people of every age
- Available in multiple categories like folding electric scooters
- Battery replacement can be costly for you
- Cheap electric scooter usually have a short life span
Above, we have tried to compare the electric hoverboards vs scooters. I have tried to explain things in the easiest manner. So, even a newbie can understand things as well. I am confident that you will find this information very useful. Everyone has their own choice and preferences. But, you should think multiple times before taking any kind of decision. You can consult any buying guide before purchasing any expensive products.