Both clients and investors have recently seen strong momentum in the online pharmacy market. In this segment, growth has been fuelled by increased internal, improved medical infrastructure, higher disposable income, and the ease of online shopping. The industry’s future will be mostly dependent on government legislation and vital infrastructure in the supply chain. In developed countries, the purchase of online medication is a generally recognized phenomenon.
Medicine distribution has posed a whole new set of logistics problems due to the high number of SKUs and complex handling, storage, packaging, and transportation requirements. With an estimated CAGR of 20.5 percent over the next five years, the world pharmacy industry is poised to explode and is expected to reach the $50 billion mark by 2022. The online channel accounts for just 0.05% of overall revenue, 16 times smaller than online retail sales.
How can it be Stopped?
The digital supply chain has the potential to ensure that everyone can access everything and anything in very little time. The worldwide logistics landscape has always been a chaser for demanding and conscious people of today’s new generation.
The following are some issues why the home-grown logistics firms are dismayed-
- Digital businesses have to rely on multiple partners to ensure fulfillment, unlike the established markets that boast of centralized service providers catering to all online companies’ needs under one umbrella. Multiple partners contribute to the sharing of more hands and data going through different networks, decreasing overall visibility and adding costs.
- In the e-commerce ecosystem, inadequate infrastructure and network preparation have resulted in high lead times. Deliveries on the same day and next day are also privileges that are uncommon and cost-ineffective. This is a significant problem for shipments of vital goods such as drugs, where the value of fulfillment is closely related to the speed of delivery. To make the whole customer experience pleasant, ensuring fast and reliable services are critical for these businesses.
- In essence, the lack of visibility is a by-product of having multiple service providers. It is critical for both supplier and recipient to have end-to-end product visibility with monitoring at each point and accurate delivery schedule estimation in today’s market scenario where options and margins spoil the customer is minimal. Technology is another field in which visibility can play a critical role in ensuring a full customer experience.
- Medicines have to be stored as specified by the manufacturer. Drug consistency can be compromised by storage at high temperatures or in wet environments, which can pose a danger to the patient’s health. To fit the requirements of online pharmacy, the process must be revamped.
- There are eazy e-pharmacies. They offer people with disabilities and dire situations that reduce the comfort of movement. They do not have to leave their homes for drugs to attend nearby pharmacies. They can log in to the internet, check for a valid e-pharmacy and then shop and order their medications. At any time of the day, they even get unrestricted access to skilled healthcare professionals. If you live in a remote area that is unavailable, this is a significant benefit for you.
- Any data you have online usually is discreet. E-pharmacies maintain anonymity for you. This is especially helpful for individuals who find it difficult to talk to physicians or pharmacists face to face. It is often useful for people who feel like they have really ’embarrassing’ or ‘shameful’ problems such as erectile dysfunction, acne, STDs, hair loss, etc. Without the embarrassment of feeling judged, they can order their items online.
E-pharmacies are far more convenient than typical physical drugstores. The pros of using an automated drug store outweigh the cons. However, it is still essential to ensure that you determine whether or not the e-pharmacy site you are using is valid.
Retail Health Clinics: 4 Effective Ways to Engage Seniors
As people look for convenient ways to receive care, retail health clinics are becoming more and more popular. However, studies have shown that seniors are much less inclined to try out a non-traditional caregiver.
The main differentiator and deciding factor is age. Whether they’d consider switching from their current primary care provider to a retail health clinic, older and younger customers have different viewpoints.
Younger patients are less hesitant to visit a retail clinic than older patients, which is not surprising. Instead of being devoted to a primary care provider, they prioritize convenient locations and a provider’s digital tools.
The widespread movement to make healthcare more convenient includes retail health clinics. In contrast to decades past, getting care clinics around me is now simple.
A few years ago, retail health clinics started to appear. There are currently about 2,000 clinics spread out over the United States. Most health clinics are found in drugstores, supermarkets, “big box” stores, and other major retail chains.
The focus of retail healthcare clinics is on preventative treatment, with the goal of controlling the general health of people 65 and older rather than managing episodic disease.
In order to prevent the older population from visiting the hospital, these primary healthcare clinics coordinate treatment among patients, caregivers, and doctors.
This is accomplished through face-to-face, telephone, and/or video meetings with medical professionals and other 24/7 support workers. They are dedicated professionals to get to know senior citizens and better understand their health requirements.
They provide a wide range of health services. This includes the treatment of minor ailments like urinary tract infections, pinkeye, and colds. Also, complete physicals (including lab work and screens), and immunizations.
Healthcare clinics offer several benefits. They have convenient hours and don’t require appointments. This makes it easier to visit the nearest medical facility.
4 Tips on How to Engage Seniors
Seniors might be more actively encouraged to use retail health clinics. The following four suggestions will help you engage seniors effectively:
Effective Promotion to the Senior Population
The country’s retail health clinics are not age-friendly, to start. This explains why the younger age demographic has a greater turn-up.
In order for older individuals to understand that healthy aging is more than just taking drugs, we need to talk more about retail healthcare in every interaction with them.
Consider how retail clinics demonstrated their trustworthiness as a location for COVID-19 testing and immunization administration during the pandemic.
Additionally, it’s not unusual for pharmacists to regularly interact with elderly patients with chronic conditions who visit the pharmacy to pick up their prescriptions.
Seniors can learn about the additional healthcare services offered by the retail clinic as they return to get their healthcare medications.
The concept of normalizing retail healthcare must be promoted to seniors since they frequently employ the services of these facilities when the opportunity arises.
Convenience and the expanded healthcare coverage that retail health clinics can provide are the discussions of effective promotions.
Staff members at retail health clinics who care for their older patients can use the current dynamics of the relationship to persuade them to continuously subscribe.
Know Your Target Market and Build the Bridge
Frequently, reality does not match our perspective of it. Seniors generally have incomplete views about retail health clinics.
Older people may believe that retail clinics only treat minor diseases and administer flu vaccines. However, the majority can also identify and manage long-term conditions.
Retail health clinics would be clever to provide elders with individualized coaching to assist monitor their status. They might also use their digital expertise to implement remote patient monitoring, which is increasingly seen as a successful method of managing chronic illnesses.
Develop a Bond
Image Source: Pexels
Retail healthcare workers have quick access to patients from beginning to end. This is in contrast to medical offices where the patient must pass from the receptionist to the medical assistant, nurse, or doctor.
Senior’s medical process is greatly aided by a strong relationship with them. Ask several, in-depth inquiries.
Check to see if they can recall their meds and how well-informed they are about their medical history.
Many elderly people are reluctant to discuss certain issues with their primary care physician. In other instances, not even family members are aware because most senior citizens are reluctant to bring it up.
If you have a close relationship with them, you can persuade them to inform the patient’s primary care physician.
Things that involve interaction are one of the essential activities that seniors like doing. Despite their need for interaction with others, the majority of seniors lack community engagement.
Most senior younger family members lead hectic lives caught up in the daily rigors of life. Unintentionally, the elderly are not given the necessary attention.
Retail health clinics can plan community-wide outdoor events that bring various aged people together and offer exercise and health care.
It is vital for them to exercise both their aerobic and muscular systems. Gaining physical endurance helps preserve strong bones, muscles, and joints.
Brisk strolling, running, yoga, cycling, swimming, and tai chi are a few senior-friendly activities and workouts to take into consideration.
Exercise for seniors decreases blood pressure, lowers the risk of heart disease, strengthens muscles, and controls body weight. It also minimizes the likelihood of falling, which aids you to avoid injuries.
Seniors naturally form stronger emotional bonds with their retail healthcare staff as a result of such engagements.
Elderly ones must be aware that their medical needs can be conveniently met and are easily accessible. As a result, they will be more likely to turn toward retail health clinics whenever they need their medical care.
As more people turn 65 and Medicare Advantage is used, there is an increase in senior primary care clinics.
In order for retail clinics to take full advantage of these developments, it’s crucial to involve the elderly through appropriate education, engagement, and strong interaction.
With the help of healthcare clinics, seniors can receive adequate care while they traverse their golden years.
How Can You Inspire Seniors to Participate in Activities?
To encourage the seniors to engage in activities, it is crucial to motivate them by: encouraging them to invite their peers to take part, be understanding, determine the activities they enjoy, plan daily activities for them, encourage them to volunteer.
What Do Seniors Find Most Fascinating?
The activities that seniors find most interesting include jogging and walking, yard work and gardening, athletics, and other physical activities. But pleasure can come in a variety of forms.
What Brings Happiness to Seniors?
Seniors who focus on their strengths and success than any decline in them are happier. Successful aging and well-being depend on accepting and adjusting to age-related changes.
Ever heard of a GERD Specialist in Singapore?
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, acronym as GERD, is reported to be a prevalent and growing medical problem in Singapore; and there are various specialists who can be relied upon to treat GERD in the country. Here is some information about GERD, its symptoms, and treatment available in Singapore to help you understand about this kind of digestive problem.
GERD is a digestive condition in which the contents of the stomach repeatedly “reflux” back up into the esophagus. GERD is also called chronic acid reflux. Acid reflux happens when the esophageal sphincter (the valve at the end of the esophagus) does not close properly when food reaches the stomach causing the acid to reflux into the esophagus and then through the throat and finally the mouth (resulting to a sour taste in the mouth). Although the incidence of acid reflux is normal, experiencing it more than two times in a week for several weeks time (i.e repeated manner) and requires an antacid or some medications for relief, then most likely, GERD has developed.
Here are the commons signs and symptoms of GERD:
- Heartburn or the sensation of burning in the chest which occurs often after eating and mostly gets worse at night or when lying down;
- Retching/Vomiting food or sour (acidic) fluid
- Chest pains or pain in the upper abdomen
- Difficulty in swallowing (or dysphagia)
- Have a feeling of a lump in the throat
- Experiencing an ongoing cough, laryngitis or developing asthma or worsening of existing asthma with nighttime acid reflux.
- Sore throat
- Voice hoarseness
Note that smoking, eating heavy meals at night, alcoholic drinks, and coffee intake can complicate or worsen acid reflux.
Risk of developing GERD can increase due to the following conditions:
- Hiatal Hernia (or stomach bloating that extends above the diaphragm)
- Scleroderma and other disorders of the connective tissue
- Delayed emptying of the stomach
GERD can lead to more life-threatening diseases in the long run. The following are complications that may develop GERD:
- Esophagitis-the esophageal lining’s irritation and inflammation brought on by stomach acid; result in esophageal ulcers, heartburn, chest pain, bleeding, and swallowing difficulties.
- Esophageal Stricture-the esophagus’s food channel becomes smaller as a result of the stomach acid’s formation of scar tissues, which makes swallowing hard.
- Esophageal cancer-cancer that formed in the esophagus
- Barrett esophagus-characterized by acid damage that may cause changes in the tissue that lines the lower esophagus; pose as an increased risk of Esophageal cancer
- Esophagitis-a lower gullet inflammation.
Alternatively, medical experts group a person’s symptoms into GERD stages. The four stages of GERD are as follows:
- Stage 1 (Mild): Once or fewer per week, a person experiences infrequent heartburn and regurgitation.
- Stage 2 (Moderate): A person experiences occasional regurgitation or heartburn.
- Stage 3 (Severe): Constant heartburn, persistent cough, regurgitation, hoarseness of voice, and food regurgitation are all present.
- Stage 4 (Esophageal cancer or Precancerous lesions): Similar signs and symptoms as in Stage 3 are present in Stage 4, plus food becomes caught in the throat’s back during swallowing.
The group of specialists that offer treatment for GERD are often called gastroenterologists. In Singapore, you have to be board certified to offer treatment for GERD and other medical problems. A gastroenterologist in general specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal (i.e., esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and liver) diseases. However, as practiced in Singapore and in most countries, a referral from your primary care physician may be required before seeking a gastroenterologist.
The specialist can tell if you are just having a simple reflux by looking into your symptoms and medical history. Medication and diet recommendations are prescribed to manage the symptoms. But experiencing the symptoms frequently may prompt for additional tests to properly diagnose GERD. Here are the tests commonly used by specialists in Singapore for GERD diagnosis:
- Endoscopy-used to examine the linings and the inside of the gastrointestinal tract and collect tissue samples if needed (biopsy)
- Esophageal manometry-this test is used to check if the lower esophageal sphincter is still functioning normally or and detect of if the muscles are weak
- Upper gastrointestinal series-X-rays of the upper gastrointestinal tract to show GERD-related issues such as hiatal hernias, esophageal strictures, and ulcers, etc.
- Esophageal pH and impedance monitoring and Bravo wireless esophageal pH monitoring-tests that measure the pH levels of the esophagus as you go about your daily activities
Treatment for GERD varies from lifestyle change to more invasive procedures like surgery. Common treatments employed by specialists in Singapore to help GERD patients are the following:
- The specialist can recommend to the person suffering from GERD to alter some habits and change his or her diet to be able to manage the disease such as maintaining healthy body weight, avoiding eating late at night, not eating foods that may trigger acid reflux (e.g. high-fat foods, citrus, tomatoes, spicy food, chocolates, coffee, etc.), quitting smoking, eating small meals, and other relevant practices. Over-the-counter medicines are also sometimes suggested by specialists.
- Medications are often prescribed to patients with moderate to severe symptoms of GERD. Common prescriptions include Prokinetics to accelerate the emptying of the stomach and various kinds of proton pump inhibitors to decrease the levels of acid produced by the stomach
- There are cases where surgery is recommended to manage symptoms of GERD and done when all others (lifestyle change medications) did not succeed. Most patients do not require surgery and a consultation with a surgeon should be done prior. The most common surgical procedure in the treatment of GERD is Laparoscopic antireflux surgery which is aimed to fix the acid reflux problem by means of creating a new valve at the bottom of the esophagus (thereby increasing pressure) to support the esophageal sphincter.
One should note though that GERD is a chronic disease (which means it can be life-long) and recurs once treatment is discontinued. However, there are GERD management techniques that may help you forget about your symptoms even if they won’t necessarily make your acid reflux go away.
Andrea Digestive Clinic
#21-11/12 Royal Square at Novena 101
Irrawaddy Road Singapore 329565
+65 6264 2836
Types of Dentures and Which One Is Best For You
Dentures are a removable alternative for replacing missing teeth and adjacent tissues. They are commonly known as “false teeth” and are made of prosthetic or artificial teeth to support the structure of the mouth. Compared to other tooth replacement options dentures are cost-effective and comfortable,
Types of dentures
There are several types of dentures that can help replace missing teeth. Your dentist will recommend which denture will be the best fit to restore your smile based on how many natural teeth you still have.
Partial dentures and complete dentures are the two types of dentures, and each has its own set of types made of different kinds of materials.
Types of partial dentures
- Flexible denture
Soft acrylic plastic is used, which allows it to be flexible and bendable. When these dentures are applied, they expand or stretch and return to their original size when in the proper location.
- Stay plate
It is the most affordable method to temporarily replace one or two missing teeth. The surrounding teeth provide stability for the plate to keep it in place. They are made specifically to balance and strengthen chewing force after getting stuck between teeth that are in opposition to one another.
- A partial denture made of metal.
These dentures are made of metal, and plastic tooth replacements are attached inside the mouth. It is a reliable option that perfectly withstands the pressure of chewing. For a gleaming appearance, the metal portion of this denture is concealed behind the teeth.
- Combination of metal and flexible dentures
These partial dentures combine the advantages of flexible and metal removable partial dentures. It has an even distribution of metal partials and the comfort of flexible dentures.
Types of complete dentures:
Complete dentures are oral prosthetics that cover the full mouth and replace an entire arch of missing teeth.
- Complete dentures
Traditional dentures replace the entire lost tooth arch and are held in place through suction. It takes time to get adjusted since you can feel the difference in bite and won’t be able to feel food properly inside the mouth.
- Implant retained dentures
These dentures are attached to dental implants, which aid in firmly holding the dentures in position. It gives the stability of the dentures and eliminates the possibility of sliding. It also improves the ability to taste.
These are some of the dentures that can be used to help with tooth replacement. Each type of denture has pros and cons, so to determine which one is best for you, consult a Periodontist in Los Angeles and learn more about the treatment.
Benefits of teeth replacement
- Increased diet
Your normal diet may be impacted if you have missing teeth. It can sometimes make eating painful and uncomfortable, and you can risk skipping out on essential nutrients. You can avoid missing out on healthy foods and get rid of dietary restrictions by using tooth replacement options. With the aid of this treatment, you will be able to eat any type of food, be it crunchy, hard, hot, or otherwise.
- Enhanced oral health
Missing teeth may result in misaligned teeth that are more difficult to clean, which can lead to decay and tooth loss. Tooth replacement options aid in maintaining natural teeth in their original positions and preventing oral health concerns.
3. Strong jawbone
When you have missing teeth, the minerals are absorbed elsewhere, leaving the jaw as an empty socket that may cause deterioration. The artificial teeth are positioned in the jaw and function just like natural teeth. This can be healthy and aid in stimulating the jawbone.
Other benefits of tooth replacement options include:
- Improved ability to speak and chew
- Boosted self-confidence
- Prevents bone loss
- Eliminates facial sagging and premature aging
- Stable & comfortable
The tooth replacement option has several benefits that can help you maintain your oral health and facial aesthetics. If you have missing teeth, consult a professional who offers dentures near you and learn about the pros and cons of the treatment.
Looking for Dentures In Los Angeles
Nima Ebrahimi DDS is a family dental clinic that provides complete dental care services to patients. Our periodontist in Los Angeles ensures that patients are comfortable and offers proper care to meet their oral health needs.
Contact us now and schedule your appointment to smile with confidence.
How to Maximize the Benefits of Probiotic Dental Supplements
Probiotic Supplements are becoming increasingly popular for people looking to improve their overall dental health. Probiotic Supplements are made up of beneficial bacteria that help keep the balance of bacteria in your mouth healthy. Many studies have been conducted to determine the effectiveness of probiotic supplements in improving oral health and overall well-being. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of taking probiotic dental supplements, the steps to maximize the benefits of taking probiotic supplements and conclude with a summary of the key takeaways.
What are Probiotic Dental Supplements?
Probiotic dental supplements are made up of beneficial bacteria, which help to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your mouth. The bacteria can help to reduce the growth of harmful bacteria, which can cause bad breath, cavities, and other oral health issues. The supplements are designed to be taken orally, and they can be taken in the form of a chewable tablet, capsule, or powder.
Benefits of Taking Probiotic Supplements
Taking probiotic supplements can provide many oral health benefits. Studies have shown that probiotic supplements can help to reduce the risk of cavities, reduce the chances of developing gum disease, improve bad breath, and overall promote better oral health.
Steps to Maximize the Benefits of Probiotic Supplements
To maximize the benefits of probiotic dental supplements, it is important to take the right supplement and follow the directions.
Choose the Right Probiotic Supplement
When choosing a probiotic supplement, it is important to do your research and find the right supplement for you. Look for a supplement that contains a high number of beneficial bacteria, as well as prebiotics, which can help to feed the beneficial bacteria and help them to thrive.
Follow the Directions
It is important to follow the directions on the packaging of your probiotic supplement. Make sure to take the recommended dose and follow the instructions for storage and use.
Make Sure to Consume Probiotic-Rich Foods
In addition to taking the probiotic supplement, it is also important to make sure you are consuming a diet that is rich in probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt, kefir, and other fermented foods. Eating these foods can help to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your mouth and support the effects of the probiotic supplement.
Talk to Your Dentist
Finally, it is important to speak to your dentist about any questions or concerns you may have about taking probiotic supplements. Your dentist can provide you with valuable insight into the benefits and risks, as well as help you determine if probiotic supplements are right for you.
In conclusion, probiotic dental supplements can be a great way to improve your overall oral health. Taking probiotic supplements can help to reduce the risk of cavities, reduce the chances of developing gum disease, improve bad breath, and overall promote better oral health. To maximize the benefits of probiotic supplements, it is important to choose the right supplement, follow the directions, consume probiotic-rich foods, and talk to your dentist. By following these steps, you can be sure to get the most out of your probiotic supplement.
A Heart Healthy New Year: What Can You Do?
The New Year has finally started, and everyone is working on their New Year’s Resolutions. Whether yours is to write more in your journal every day, get a new job, or lose weight, there’s one resolution that should be on everyone’s list in 2023. That is to be more health-conscious and more heart-healthy.
Most people already know the dangers and what causes heart failure, and many are already doing everything they can to improve their heart health. Are you? If you’re ready to become heart-healthy in 2023, you can find some tips below to get you started. Start with these small steps and work your way up from there.
Eat One More Fruit or Veggie a Day
If you already eat fruits and veggies with every meal, then you’re good to go here. However, if fruits and veggies are something you don’t usually like or eat, adding one a day to your diet will help you get used to the idea and maybe the taste.
Not only do these things taste great, but they’re also good for your heart and pretty inexpensive in the grand scheme of things, especially if you replace your normal salty and sweet snacks with this nutritious goodness.
Know Your Risk With a Test for Heart Disease
One of the best ways to make sure you’re heart-healthy in 2023 is by taking a test for heart disease. This test will show you if you’re at risk of having a heart attack or developing some other issue with your ticker. This is, of course, no substitute for visiting your doctor, as regular checkups and living right are the best ways you can be heart healthy for sure.
Don’t Drink Your Calories
It’s been proven that being overweight or obese can cause heart problems. Drinking your calories can cause weight gain, diabetes, and heart disease. If you cut out just one of those mocha lattes or one sugar-laden soft drink a day, it will save you around 100 calories, which translates to losing around 10 pounds over a year. Keeping an ideal body weight can help you to be heart-healthy, and not drinking your calories isn’t that hard to do.
Start With a 10-Minute Walk
While many people take to changing their fitness habits with ease, not everyone does. If you’re not one to exercise, then you don’t want to jump into a fitness routine without building up to it first. Starting with a 10-minute walk a day will help you get into the habit.
Once you’ve walked 10 minutes a day for about a week, you can up it by another five minutes until you’re at your desired amount of walking. Once you’re used to walking, then you might want to join a gym and strengthen your fitness routine, but that’s up to you. Walking is just as good for your heart as going to the gym is, maybe a little bit more, because you’re getting fresh air at the same time.
Stop to Count Your Blessings
One of the best things to do for continued heart health in 2023 is to stop and count your blessings. There’s always someone out there who has it worse than you do, so be thankful for what you do have. This is also a great way to think positively, which is super great for your heart as well.
2023 is going to be an excellent year for many people. From losing weight to getting their dream job, people have started the year with vigor, energy, and realistic goals. Make being heart-healthy one of your goals for 2023, then follow the tips above to help you achieve that dream all year.
- auto (154)
- business (3,159)
- CBD (187)
- Education (505)
- fashion (402)
- finance (10)
- Food (188)
- games (353)
- health (1,355)
- home (683)
- How To (485)
- Latest News (5,691)
- Law (329)
- life style (929)
- Money & Market (237)
- music (16)
- New in Tech (1,874)
- PCNOK (1)
- People interest (286)
- pet (80)
- sports (198)
- Travel (341)
Latest News10 months ago
Finding the Best VPS Hosting for WordPress 2020
Latest News9 months ago
दिल दहला देनी वाली खबर महिला ने भरे बाजार में पिया जहर साथ में बच्चे को भी दिया
Latest News2 months ago
Why You Should Invest in an Expense Management Software
CBD1 year ago
How To Get a License To Grow Cannabis in Arizona
auto11 months ago
Mac VPN: How it Improves Security
business6 months ago
Turning Invoices To Cash, 1st Capital Service Offers Stability And Assurance For Invoice Factoring Services
Latest News6 months ago
What are the best Balloons of 2022?
Latest News10 months ago
De Giro Stock Exchange Brokers And The Giro Eft