Giving birth is a lifetime experience, and we believe it should be done with the most care & minimum pain. Although, being women we always fear giving birth. However, if your family and Doula are with you, the period of being pregnant & childbirth can be very overwhelming.
Although doulas are not medical professionals, they can’t deliver babies or provide any medical assistance, but they are trained professionals. They take certified training programs and have expertise in handling pregnant women and their families during these challenging times. However, if you are searching for doula Ferntree Gully, keep reading further.
Usually, Doulas can perform various roles depending upon the requirement. For example, a
A labor doula assists & cares for your well-being during labor pain. And if a pregnant woman is under bed rest to prevent preterm labor, they may require Antepartum doulas. They take care of the household hassle and your children efficiently during the whole period. And if we talk about postpartum doulas, they support initially during the first few days after the birth and help manage household tasks, feed the baby, etc.
How Birth Doulas help in pregnancy:
The moment you decide to bring a life into the world, both – would-be mother and father have to go through different phases of pregnancy. But thankfully, hypnobirthing doula Melbourne doula can help assist you throughout the period and in every phase of pregnancy. Below for your convenience, we have shared different phases and working of a doula as well.
Phase 1 – During pregnancy:
- First of all, a birth doula meets you in your second or third month of pregnancy to get familiar with you, your surroundings, and your family.
- Then, from the very next day, they teach you relaxing and breathing skills.
- She introduces you to the labor and delivery procedure or any possible complications that may cause.
- A birth doula also assists you in planning a birth plan so that when the time arises, everything goes smoothly.
Phase 2 – During labor:
- During the most challenging period, a doula constantly assists you and provides comfort and support. Therefore, Birth doula and Labour doula are considered as best doulas in Ferntree Gully.
- Doula uses various techniques like – massage and touch to help relax your body and help you get comfortable positions.
- She will make sure that you are getting an adequate amount of nutrition and fluids. Also, assist you in your medical preferences and communicate to the doctor as well.
- Moreover, she will involve “dad-to-be” in every step and reassure him about the safety of mother and child.
Phase 3 – After delivery:
- After giving birth to another life, most mothers lack the courage to come back on track. Therefore, Doula will help encourage and motivate the mother and the father after bringing the child home.
- Becoming parents is a persistent full task. After helping in the birth-giving process, a doula will teach mother and father regarding baby-care tips.
- A doula will educate the mother regarding the breastfeeding process. Moreover, by supporting the father & other siblings, she will ask them to help the pregnant women.
These days people love to capture the pregnancy period till the baby is born for the sake of memories. Therefore, hiring a doula can be very beneficial. They will provide you with photography sessions in your package. They will set a photographer for the pregnancy period, child birthing period, and finally, your child’s face revealing session as well.
You can discuss photography themes, specific clothing, and any specific destination. Also, not only the mother or child, but you can include other family members, siblings, and father.
Hopefully, our article has guided you regarding the Doula and their services. As said earlier, giving birth is a lifetime experience. Therefore you should not compromise on comfort and always have a healthy atmosphere for the children. However, it is always recommended to get plenty of rest, drink water, eat regularly, stay calm, relaxed, and comfortable.