There will certainly be a long time between the moment you start learning a new foreign language and successfully achieving your main goal of speaking this language fluently. In-depth study of a foreign language requires large quantities of time and effort. In order not to lose enthusiasm on this long journey, you can stock up on the inspiration that first successes give.
In this article you will see the information about some popular techniques used by polyglots around the world to learn new languages. These methods can help you master the material faster and feel more confident in learning any foreign language.
- Write everything down. Perhaps not the most popular learning method just because it requires additional effort and work with a pen, because it is writing down by hand that contributes to better memorization, not making the notes on your smartphone or other gadget. But this is perhaps its only drawback, and those who could put up with it reap the fruits of their hard work, because in such cases the new is easier to commit to memory.
- Try to immerse yourself into the language in all possible ways. Listen to audiobooks in your target language while driving, cooking, washing the dishes, watch your favorite movies, listen to the songs, learn the words and sing them, use your smartphone for installing the best language learning apps free, which also make the process of learning more interesting and even a bit easier.
- Rely on communication. Many are afraid to start speaking a new language until the moment when they do not consider their level to be sufficient and their knowledge polished properly. And that could be a big mistake. In the process of communication, we actively remember everything we have learned and apply it, which further consolidates the material in our memory.
Yes, those who have recently started to learn a language make many mistakes in communication, but no one expects from them the perfect construction of phrases, chosen words and pronunciation. That is exactly how we learn. We also remember mistakes more easily, because using a new language in communication makes the experience more interesting and attractive than the usual cramming of textbooks.
- Travel to the country where your target language is spoken or use e-learning. The first thing you need to do is to give yourself a promise not to be shy and speak your target language with native speakers. You will be shocked how quickly you can achieve results this way. At the same time, e-learning is becoming more popular nowadays because of the COVID-19 restrictions. According to ComboApp, the way educational institutions and schools are interacting with students is changing. Distance learning is the current way of how higher education institutions market their services to students and it is an alternative option.
- Focus on verbs. Traditional learning methods tend to focus on nouns, but you can start with a tricky one: learn the verbs and how they conjugate, and then add the nouns. This will allow you to immediately write small sentences and quickly jump into practice.
Search for common things. Even in very different languages, you can find words of a common origin, or at least sound similar. What can we say about close languages? Such words can become a kind of anchor, a starting point for further study: it turns out that not much time has yet been spent, but a lot has already been learned.