2021 is a year of hope because it is going to involve so many positive changes including the arrival of the COVID-19 vaccine. Social media saw a huge rise in 2020 because of the pandemic and the statics of these platforms have also changed a little bit. In this massive crowd of the internet, let’s see what the top 5 important social media are –
1. Facebook – The total number of users on Facebook is 2+ billion. Facebook has gained popularity among all kinds of ages and genders. The data shows that people aged 65+ also use Facebook on daily basis. Facebook is also versatile in its content type and is really easy to use. You can use it to grow your business, promote your brand, for your personal use, connect with people with the same interests, etc.
2. Twitter – Twitter has 330 million active users and the age spectrum is 18-50. Twitter is best for following all the trends in the global world because it provides a continuous flow of information and gathers new content from the internet. You can only include 280 characters when you tweet, which helps its users to create and consume concise and quick information. You can include photos and videos in your tweet. You can also use twitter downloader to download any photo or video that you want.
3. Instagram – Over 1 billion people use Instagram daily. Instagram is known for its fairly young audience. You will find all the young people in their teens and 20s very active on Instagram. It follows all the trends relating to fashion, beauty, tech, sports, etc. Using Instagram is best for all creative people since it constantly updates with new and interesting features that can be used to create a different kind of content. As of now, the most successful update was of reel videos on Instagram since it has shown great response from all the creators and consumers too.
4. Pinterest – Pinterest is a new social media platform but it still has 300 million users. The user base of this particular social media is female (85%). Pinterest is basically used for consuming all the visual content and no text content. You can literally find photos and videos on any niche for free and can also download them. If you are an artist or a musician, Pinterest can really help you grow some reach. You can also spread your brand awareness if you sell products in which women are most interested.
5. LinkedIn – The number of users is 303 million aged 25 to 65. When it comes to professional platforms, no other social media can beat LinkedIn. The age group suggests that people use LinkedIn for connecting with businesses and workers. This makes this social media much more formal than the other ones. If you run a business and want to connect with other businesses, you must optimize your LinkedIn profile. Not just for a business owners but for any person who wants to connect with others in professional terms, they must exist on LinkedIn. It went through drastic popularity after the pandemic as people are looking for online work more than ever before.